What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Horizon 1/35 Aerial HK from Terminator

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

robiwon
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Glue Sniffer

Horizon 1/35 Aerial HK from Terminator

#1 Post by robiwon »

Whilke waiting on supplies to arrive for the Salzo Galactica, I have this on the bench, an original Horizon Aerial HK. I'm lighting this with wingtip lights, front spots, and bottom strobe. May do a small diorama type base for it. I forgot how how much I love working with vinyl kits from the 90's!

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

ira
Earl of Epoxy

Re: Horizon 1/35 Aerial HK from Terminator

#2 Post by ira »

Great Start!
Real Nice Work... 8)

Hunter Rose
Jack of all Trades

#3 Post by Hunter Rose »

Cool! Really love the HK design
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery! ~ Black Dynamite

robiwon
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Glue Sniffer

#4 Post by robiwon »

Thanks, this has been a favorite design of mine since Terminator first came out. I missed out on this kit when it was in stores. I also missed several eBay auctions because of the absurd prices they would go for. When Pegasus announced they were doing a plastic version, also in 1/35 scale, I was stoked! But when the kit came out it was only 9 inches long! I was really disappointed with that. That made me decide that I would still need to get an original Horizon kit to build. When this kit popped up on another forum for $40, I knew my dream had come true!

Now, if I could only find an original Halcyon Nostromo kit for $40! 8)

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Frank-Holger »

This kit is done in Vinyl... When I remember mine, which was totally messed up and there was no chance to fix it, I hope that yours is in a good shape and can be build without problems. The plastic HK seems to be in scale of 1:48 instead 1:35. It´s disappointing, sure, but I hope to get one here and thats ok for me, maybe for building a wreck with interior design or something like that.

I am in for your build and am very curious what you will do with this Beauty. And congrats for snapping one for that cool prize!

Frank :D

robiwon
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Glue Sniffer

#6 Post by robiwon »

Thanks Frank. My kit was in great shape. Only one wing was a little wonky. A little hot/ice water and it should be good as new. A discovery I made is that the wings are not hollow all the way to their tips. This complicates wiring of the wing tip lights. I'll figure it out though.

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by Frank-Holger »

To see stuff like this equiped with lightning bulbs is quite interesting! I am curious what you will illuminate here and how it will work. Keep it going, very cool it is as I said!

Frank :wink:

robiwon
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Glue Sniffer

#8 Post by robiwon »

Thanks Frank. I hope you like what I do with it. Lighting this kit will be pretty straight forward as far as lights go. It will have a red and blue lights at the tip of each wing. There will be two white spotlights under the nose. The final bit will be one strobe light under the belly.

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#9 Post by Frank-Holger »

Sounds cool. Allow me a maybe stupid question: Do the bulbs provide some heat which can affect the vinyl?? I guess not but have no idea...

Frank :D

robiwon
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Glue Sniffer

#10 Post by robiwon »

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Not many modelers use incandescent bulbs in models anymore. The reasons being heat and longevity. Incandescent bulbs produce a lot of heat and can burn out quite quickly. Modelers now use the various types of LEDs that are out there now. You can get LEDs that measure 10mm across down to the size of the head of a pin. The great thing about LEDs is they last longer and produce virtually no heat.

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#11 Post by Frank-Holger »

Perfect, thanks robiwon!!

Frank