What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The LEXX ..

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

Re: The LEXX ..

#81 Post by TZY »

Ok,
Got Zev scaled to the Moth kit. Will run some parts on Monday to see how it looks . Also will possibly do the figure in 1/6th scale . Give me some time on that. Might have some figures for the Moth kit by WF.
LEXX body is with the caster ...hope to have some by WF.
All hope was lost. However one person, one man, dared to stand up and lead an entire revolution on his own. His name was V. In honor of V, always remember, remember the 5th of November!

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#82 Post by TZY »

Ok ...Quick update .
LEXX main body at the casters .. hope to have some complete kits at WF.
Zev with 790 head for Moth kit scaled and I have run a few to test. See pics. Hope to have a few at WF also.
1/6th Zev being parted up and grown. Wont have kits ready for WF but should have master available. Also possible other kit of Zev seated in future...let me know if you would be interested in 2nd pose as a kit 1/6th or maybe 1/12th.

Image Image ImageImage
All hope was lost. However one person, one man, dared to stand up and lead an entire revolution on his own. His name was V. In honor of V, always remember, remember the 5th of November!

drano
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#83 Post by drano »

Lexx cast looks amazing! Been keeping up with this thread for a while. I will be at WF and am curious to know if you have a price yet?

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#84 Post by TZY »

drano wrote:Lexx cast looks amazing! Been keeping up with this thread for a while. I will be at WF and am curious to know if you have a price yet?
Yep.. they will be $300. I only have 5 for sale at WF ...so first come first served . I will have more for sale a few weeks after ... my caster is off for a vacation.Sorry for the low # of kits .. this kit has been a bugger to get out .Lots of set backs. The LEXX will be a limited run of only 30. I dont have a build up yet..but hope to after the show.

Im also discontinuing some of my older kits .The DUNE transport , Paul Atreides , Farscapes Talyn , Farscapes Moyas Transport pod and Barbarellas Alpha 7. So once there gone thats it ...no more being made. Im getting ready to make room for some new kits to add to the line.
I will have some new stuff...Cargo pods from Silent Running. Monsters in Motion is releasing the 3 small drones and it will make a good diorama piece in scale and The Farscape Peacekeeper Marauder. Also have a 1/20 scale Zev to go with the LEXX Moth kit. I will have the Moth build up there also.
See you guys there .
T

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#85 Post by tay666 »

OMG!
This is an amazing piece of engineering!
Beautifully cast / printed.
Going to be a builders dream (nightmare :twisted: )
Lots of fiddly detail work to do to assemble that will probably drive me crazy. But it will be oh so sweet when complete.

Hope to have OOB pics to share this weekend.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Nokk1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#86 Post by Nokk1 »

Tony if you don't mind could you please post a few pics of the tail section of the raw casting?

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#87 Post by TZY »

Nokk1 wrote:Tony if you don't mind could you please post a few pics of the tail section of the raw casting?
Were you asking about the tail or the frame section that surrounds it?

Nokk1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#88 Post by Nokk1 »

TZY wrote:
Nokk1 wrote:Tony if you don't mind could you please post a few pics of the tail section of the raw casting?
both the tail and the frame

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#89 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Ping me when things calm down a bit for you Tony - looking forward to getting mine :) :wink:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#90 Post by TZY »

Nokk1 wrote:
TZY wrote:
both the tail and the frame

Hi guys,
Ok, finally got some free time to myself . Here is a pic of the tail and frame section.The frame has a box frame around it to protect the small parts that protrude from it.
My caster is back from vacation and is getting some more completed ...hope to have them next week.
NEW KITS
I have new Farscape Marauder available for $45 plus shipping , the Valley Forge Cargo pods for $20 plus shipping and the small Zev in scale with the Moth kit from LEX for $20 plus shipping.

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#91 Post by tay666 »

If anyone is interested, here is my OOB review of the kit.
http://www.tylisaari.com/models/misc/ha ... exxoob.htm
Trevor Ylisaari

Nokk1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#92 Post by Nokk1 »

thanks Trevor, fro the review and pics. I wasn't sure of getting this one. now I want it even more.

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#93 Post by TZY »

Hi guys ....
Ok...We finally have all the "BUGS" worked out on the casting side of the LEXX and im starting to get some in. 5 at a time ....If you interested in getting on "THE LIST" contact me .This will be a limited run of 50. I have sold 10 so far. As you request come in will determine where you are on the list . No deposits needed . Contact me for more information.
Still haven't got a build up ready ...been working on masters of Zev seated and standing. ...Another project is near completion with my 3D artist ...a Medusa from the latest Clash of the Titans movie....lots of snakes..i will post on that when its complete.

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#94 Post by TZY »

Hay guys,
Well its been a while and I finally finished LEXX.
Just a few shots...still working on the base . Will post more when its finished.
T

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#95 Post by tay666 »

Holy crap!
That looks amazing!
Trevor Ylisaari

Heavy Metal Spike

#96 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Makes me sick as a dog that I didn't commission you to build mine before you shipped out my kit.

Wow - just - WOW!!!!!

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#97 Post by TZY »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:Makes me sick as a dog that I didn't commission you to build mine before you shipped out my kit.

Wow - just - WOW!!!!!

I wish I had time to do commission work...but getting these kits designed , mastered and into production is a process. It took me a few months just to get my build up done.
Ive got a few other projects in the works and might have some prototypes at WF this year. The 1/6th seated Zev with 790 is at the casters as we speak so I hope to have her as a new kit. I still have to get 1 to build and paint.
The mesh work on the Tank from Tank Girl is coming along with my 3D guy and I hope to have it in a few weeks. the mesh work for The Medusa is finished and in scaling and parting it up to be mastered ... Its gunna be big...the head with snakes will have to be 3D printed for every copy...that cant be cast.Thinking 1/6th scale.
...and im working on a diorama of War of the Worlds Martian war machine..that for next years WF contest.
Just a few irons in the fire .
Oh...and the Event Horizon...is on the list.

Heavy Metal Spike

#98 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

And STILL no Red Dwarf ?!?!?! (ship OR occupants) :cry:

(* that's it - I can't go on any more - my life is over . . . . . *)

TZY
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#99 Post by TZY »

Hay hay hay...Its not that im not a fan....far from it ....Its just that there are so many other ones I want to do first. Do you know of the large Starbug that available ... Its a great kit .. Got one at Jersey fest

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#100 Post by Frank-Holger »

The EVENT HORIZON?????? Really, cannot believe that!! The Lexx looks really really great (it is not my cup of tea, but the workmanship is beyond believe). I really hope you will do the EVENT and I think, I will buy it!!

Frank