What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

"CHARIOT IN MOTION"

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

"CHARIOT IN MOTION"

#1 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

A couple quick clips my 18" Diameter Moebius Jupiter 2 featuring my mechanical engine core lighting effect, and my Moebius Chariot exploring a scary part of the planet.

Enjoy!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f80xiAGQQa0

ausf
Seam Filler

Re: "CHARIOT IN MOTION"

#2 Post by ausf »

Excellent builds as well as cinematography.

I built mine when it first came out and grabbed a schematic online from an older gentlemen who I believe scratch built a J2. Anyway, if I recall correctly, it was a series of 8, 4 light chasers. It's hard to tell by watching the effect at speed, is your similar to that?

Unfortunately I can't check mine, it was hung from the ceiling in my sons' game room and I made the mistake of getting them airsoft way too early.
Plausible deniability.

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

#3 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

ausf wrote:Excellent builds as well as cinematography.

I built mine when it first came out and grabbed a schematic online from an older gentlemen who I believe scratch built a J2. Anyway, if I recall correctly, it was a series of 8, 4 light chasers. It's hard to tell by watching the effect at speed, is your similar to that?

Unfortunately I can't check mine, it was hung from the ceiling in my sons' game room and I made the mistake of getting them airsoft way too early.

Thanks very much indeed. There is no light chaser led system in my Jupiter 2 Engine. I went to the original design seen in the second episode broadcast, "The Derelict". My system is a mechanical system...Per the original. Six lights spin around the inside of the engine at 60 degrees apart. I can change the speed of both the engine and the spinning scanner in the upper bubble(there were no lights in the upper bubble). The 4- Eight light chasers is incorrect.

ausf
Seam Filler

#4 Post by ausf »

JOHN ROBINSON wrote:
ausf wrote:Excellent builds as well as cinematography.

Thanks very much indeed. There is no light chaser led system in my Jupiter 2 Engine. I went to the original design seen in the second episode broadcast, "The Derelict". My system is a mechanical system...Per the original. Six lights spin around the inside of the engine at 60 degrees apart. I can change the speed of both the engine and the spinning scanner in the upper bubble(there were no lights in the upper bubble). The 4- Eight light chasers is incorrect.
What a great solution. I noticed the interior, that's what people refer to as the hero model, correct?

I have the Derelict kit set up with servos to open and close the arms, just hit a wall programming Arduino
because I wanted to be able to individually tweak the travel distance. While I doing the programming research, some else shiny came along so it's on the shelf for now, but I'll have the tiny J2 illuminated inside (with 8 - 4 light chasers on fiber optics).
Plausible deniability.