What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Trek SPFX TRIBUTE Clips

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

Trek SPFX TRIBUTE Clips

#1 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

Having forgotten I had these brief videos that were finished prior to my surgery and thinking there probably would be no interest in this type of Model kit film anyway(it's not a table top video with a shaky cell phone, poorly lit, out of focus), or a typical YOUTUBE "how to video",I kinda tossed them. However, with out much to do while I recuperate from extensive back surgery, I revisited them and thought they were kinda cool. A tribute to the Star Trek effects masters(I detest the "remastered effects"), without the Hollywood money, Just passion and love for the original. The 1/350 model was filmed in front of a blue screen, just like the original. The star field was added later(just like the original).

I did a bunch of these based on classic effects shots used through out the three year run of the series. It gives a greater appreciation of how the real SPFX masters did their shots with the 11' Filming model. Lighting, both outside of the model to create realistic shadows and internal lighting have to be just right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJrZ14CxB4

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

Re: Trek SPFX TRIBUTE Clips

#4 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

A Montage of several clips of my 1/350 Enterprise.
https://vimeo.com/334772968

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

#5 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler

#7 Post by JOHN ROBINSON »

JOHN ROBINSON
Seam Filler