What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

B.P.25 Scout

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Ken Kwil
Jack of all Trades

B.P.25 Scout

#1 Post by Ken Kwil »

Just finished this. I never thought I would actually get it because of what is going on in the Ukraine. I ordered it when it was first announced it was coming out this year. Their war broke out and I figured, well that's the last I'll hear about this kit. Several months later it arrives at my door. I was surprised and shocked. I decided this kit had to be built and pushed it ahead of my kits to-be-built.

This styrene plastic kit biplane is in 1/72 scale. Goes together fairly well. There are some issues with its landing gear. Instructions are not clear as to how the supports go on. But other than that, no problems. Kit has decals to make several versions. Excellent decals. This is the first time seeing a kit of this unusual airplane. So glad AviS decided to do this model. I added the stand. The stand is a modified Airfix plane stand that I picked up at a flea market.

The Pemberton-Billing P.B.25 Scout was introduced in 1915 as a air support, trainer, scout, zeppelin/blimp destroyer. It was used for only a few years during the First World War. A single-seat British swept-back wings biplane. A little know aircraft. Check out more photos in the Model Gallery. Enjoy!

http://theclubhouse1.net/piwigo/index.p ... 2/start-54

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Re: B.P.25 Scout

#2 Post by tay666 »

Ken Kwil wrote:I never thought I would actually get it because of what is going on in the Ukraine. I ordered it when it was first announced it was coming out this year. Their war broke out and I figured, well that's the last I'll hear about this kit. Several months later it arrives at my door. I was surprised and shocked. I decided this kit had to be built and pushed it ahead of my kits to-be-built.
That is truly amazing. Definitely a stand-up company.

Your work on is very nice also.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: B.P.25 Scout

#3 Post by kevtk135 »

Very nice build up!

Re: the Ukrainian model co's - I've been buying the Mikro-Mir kits as well as a few others. Being on their list on FB, they've said they ducked and covered for a while but got together and voted to get back to production. Delivery is hampered but I think they get them to the western part of the country to get them out.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com