What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Moebius Batman on the way!!!!!

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Lonnie James
CH Supporter / Registered Seller
CH Supporter / Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Moebius Batman on the way!!!!!

#1 Post by Lonnie James »

These are the ones I've been waiting for! Just got my notice from Culttvman that the Adam West Batman kit will be shipping soon!!! I can't wait to have these babies on my shelf!!!

Lonnie James
I'm not a hard working guy, I'm a genius!

Visit my Website!

https://lj4429.wixsite.com/monstermodelmadness

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Moebius Batman on the way!!!!!

#2 Post by Scooke123 »

I saw that!! Can't wait to get one of these!
Steve
Steve Cooke

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#3 Post by Cult of Personality »

Received mine from Frank yesterday, and this kit is just TOO COOL!!! I've had a test shot for several months now, but to see the retro box art, instruction sheet...hell, the color of the pieces is even close to what I remember the Aurora Batman being molded in; I'm like a little kid at Christmas (Christmas of 1966 to be exact. :D ). I was talking with Steve Iverson last night and told him for '66 Batfans this kit is a gift from the modeling gods akin to what the PL 1/350th TOS Enterprise was for the Trek folks a few years ago! Kudos to all involved from team Moebius; Frank, Dave Metzner, Bob Plant and of course Jeff Yagher! Speaking of which getting Jeff to sculpt the figures for the past several kits has made it a challenge as a REPLACEMENT parts guy to IMPROVE on what you get with the kit. With this kit I opted to have Jeff sculpt a new face with a DIFFERENT expression; I am PRETTY happy with the results!
Molds are already done, just waiting on waterslide decals for the eyebrows on the cowl...
Tom
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

henry pratt
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by henry pratt »

Thanks Tom.. Was wondering what your
choice would be for an aftermarket add on
Was hoping you just do A Bruce Wayne head...
And him holding his cowl ...

Can't wait for the series on Bluray In a few
weeks ...

Joe B

Night-Owl
Duke of Dry Brush

#5 Post by Night-Owl »

Very cool! 8) Another one for the list.
"You're going to be the eleventh commandment, thou shall not get away with it."

westbatman
Jack of all Trades

#6 Post by westbatman »

I've been waiting on these kits for over 42 years! I chose 42 years because that would have made me 11, right during my prime styrene building years! Any 1966 Batman fan should be extremely excited that these kits are soon to be in our hands, Frank has done an amazing job putting together the right group of people to make these a reality and from what I have seen cared enough to do plenty of research to make these pretty darn accurate.

I'm a bat geek and I am very happy watching all the cool 1966 stuff coming out. These models will provide me with many childhood memories as I work on them. It'll be exciting to see what aftermarket poducts come out to add to the enjoyment of these models, it looks like you have some cool parts Tom!

Batfans, get out there and support Frank. I know I sure will!

Andy

motherhen
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#7 Post by motherhen »

Glad I stumbled onto this thread ... JUST ORDERED MINE!!!
It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.

I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#8 Post by Cult of Personality »

My VERY first model kit back in the day was the Burry's Fudgetown Cookies Batmobile! Of course, MOST of you know this kit as the AURORA Batmobile, but I got mine in a plain brown box after DEVOURING two whole bags of cookies with my little brother , taping two quarters to an index card (along with the proof of purchase from said cookies), sending that off to the folks at Burry's, then waiting an ETERNITY for it to arrive. Actually probably about three weeks, but to a five year old that IS an eternity! So WAITING has ALWAYS been part of the deal (at least for THIS BatFan!!!) But just like that plain brown box in the fall of 1966, this item is well worth the wait!
Joe; you are not the ONLY person who has requested a Bruce Wayne head (and the way the cowl was engineered it would just take a bit of Dremeling to make it empty). Figures Inc offers an 8" Mego style Bruce Wayne figure; the head from that MIGHT work. I myself was looking to do the iconic "Some days you just CAN'T get rid of a bomb" pose, but the kit just does not lend itself to that. Then one day after Google searching for '66 bat-reference photos, I stumbled across the following images; they appear to be production photos shot during filming of the rescue sequence from "Smack in the Middle", the second part of the Batman pilot.
Kinda scary how close those are to the kit pose! At any rate, inspired by these images, I contacted Mr. Yagher and had him sculpt a different face piece with the expression from the first photo. Molds are done, just waiting on getting the decals for the cowl eyebrows. Should have an offer for the parts set posted BEFORE the BluRay/DVD drops in a few weeks. BUT....as always, if you are willing to wait a LITTLE bit longer, expect a combo (parts and a bagged kit with an EXCLUSIVE additional decal sheet) as part of my FIRST ever "Cyber Monday" special.
Tom (STILL feeling like a little kid at Christmas! :xmas: )

Mark M
Site Admin
Wizard of Washes

#9 Post by Mark M »

That new head looks excellent Tom... Jeff did a killer job on it! :thumb: :thumb:

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#10 Post by Cult of Personality »

Hey Mark, thanks! Yep, Jeff does not EVER let you down! Right now I'm playing with the molds ; I am having some issues getting the very top of the insert piece solid, but fortunately (worse case scenario) this part is BEHIND the mask; eyes and nose are PERFECT every time! :D One thing that WILL require some attention from the modeler is installing the face in the cowl. The AW face from the kit fits PERFECTLY and it will be very easy to paint separately and glue into place, easy peasy. The COPP insert, however is a bit smaller than the kit piece, and although it WILL drop right into place and the mask fits nicely overtop of it, because of the difference in size, there is a bit of a gap along the edges of the cowl, and the distance between the face and the mask is a bit off. BTW, HARDLY noticeable, but if you were to put the "straight" kit head next to a head with the COPP insert, you CAN see the difference! My solution is to place a small ball of Aves in the cowl, push the insert into place, then fit the mask into place overtop, aligning the eyes behind the eyeholes and the nose on AW's face with the nose of the cowl. You should be able to CAREFULLY pull the insert away, then after the putty cures, glue it into place w/five minute epoxy (again, checking the alignment with the mask piece.) On my build, I'm going to also blend the edges of the face to the cowl w/Aves. This does mean I will have to paint the insert already attached to the cowl, but EVERY build you have seen at shows was done EXACTLY this way, as the resin prototype featured a TWO PIECE head (cowl with face, then a separate mask) as opposed to the SIX PIECE version in the kit. Mask piece of course can be painted and decaled separately, then glued into place w/perhaps the TINIEST bit of putty required along the edges. When I get to the stage where I can get some primer on it, I will post some pics.
Tom

kitbuilder
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#11 Post by kitbuilder »

Tom,

As always, you deliver an incredible replacement head, when as you said, it did not seem possible to improve upon it! I can't wait to get your replacement head for this piece!!! I hope you will continue with all of the Batman characters, so that we can have multiple build options for all of them!!!

Mark W.
Mark Warthling
aka kitbuilder

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#12 Post by Cult of Personality »

Mark; Hope to have decals in the next week or so. It will depend PRETTY much on my schedule at the fulltime job. :D
Tom