What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Mobius Riddler preview art

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

Re: Mobius Riddler preview art

#21 Post by Glusniffer »

Cajunwolfman wrote:
Glusniffer wrote::smokin: Amazon should have both Robin and the Penguin in stock March 31 with the Riddler following April 29th.
Do you find buyin from Amazon to be an advantage? I have Prime but haven't bought anything.
I shop Amazon a few times a year for books, CD's and whatnot. I think Prime costs like $100.00 a year? I don't spend that much a year. I should explore the advantages more. I know you can get free shipping and stuff ....... All I can testify to is I can find mostly what I want and it comes fast. :smokin:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

Zombie_61
Earl of Epoxy

#22 Post by Zombie_61 »

kevtk135 wrote:Took a quick look all only one line mentions the costume ::
3. Riddler had two costumes. One was the suit with bowler hat, the other pictured above.
The picture was the tights.

He was only in one season. John Astin replaced him in the second.
This isn't quite accurate. John Astin did replace Frank Gorshin as The Riddler, but only for one two-part episode in season 2. Other than that, Gorshin played The Riddler in four two-part episodes in season 1, and one two-part episode in season 3. And, of course, the theatrical movie.
The older I get, the better it was.

Glusniffer

#23 Post by Glusniffer »

Glusniffer wrote::smokin: Amazon should have both Robin and the Penguin in stock March 31 with the Riddler following April 29th.
Penguin and Robin available Oct 30th. THIS SUX! :evil:

Glusniffer

#24 Post by Glusniffer »

Bumped to March 31st....................... :evil:

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#25 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

Cult of Personality wrote:PRETTY sure putting him in the suit was Frank's call and a bit of a nod to the unproduced Aurora figure. BTW, this kit will come with two different heads (hatted and bareheaded) with an option to put the eyemask on him. :D
Tom
Tom,
I'm praying you are planning a replacement head for this if that's the final sculpt. Jeesh, am amazed there isn't as much push back on the horrible likeness. I heard what they went through getting Robin approved and the more changes the licensors requested, the less it looked like Burt Ward. The sneak peeks are looking horrible IMHO. I'm sure it's not Frank or Dave's fault but wow..

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#26 Post by Cult of Personality »

Planning on a Kolchak replacement set for the Riddler, but having been sent not only a resin casting of the original head as well as a test shot, I see no need for another Gorshin likeness. Yagher's sculpt LOOKS like Gorshin. Having said that, the expression on his face IS pretty out there, but the sculpt matches the photo Jeff worked from. I look forward to a time when I will be able to sit down and actually build and paint some of the kits I NEVER expected to see done in styrene EVER. As always, your mileage may vary... 8)
Tom
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Zombie_61
Earl of Epoxy

#27 Post by Zombie_61 »

Cult of Personality wrote:Planning on a Kolchak replacement set for the Riddler...
Kolchak? Carl Kolchak? Now I'm interested! :mrgreen:

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#28 Post by tay666 »

Zombie_61 wrote:
Cult of Personality wrote:Planning on a Kolchak replacement set for the Riddler...
Kolchak? Carl Kolchak? Now I'm interested! :mrgreen:
Yeah.
Me too.

I had no interest in a comic character, but that set would get me interested :D
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#29 Post by Cult of Personality »

I thought I had mentioned the Kolchak project before... After Jersey Fest in 2015, I worked a deal with MVT and Paul from Gillman to scan their EXCELLENT Kolchak head, then resize it to fit the Riddler. The test shot of the digital prototype was OUTSTANDING, (getting a QUICK thumbs-up from Mark AND Paul) but then by the time I got my hands on a Riddler kit to do the final sizing, the artist had become super busy and Carl has been backburnered. MAYBE in time for Jersey Fest this year. HOPEFULLY with the digital reworking of Joe Simon's Dedham Pond Nosferatu head that has also been in the works for over a year now. :oops:
Tom

Zombie_61
Earl of Epoxy

#30 Post by Zombie_61 »

tay666 wrote:...I had no interest in a comic character, but that set would get me interested :D
Out of all of the villains on the show, Frank Gorshin's Riddler has always been one of my favorites. I was looking forward to the kit until I saw they had sculpted him in the suit rather than the more well-known leotard, at which point I was on the fence about whether or not I'd get one. Of course, if they had sculpted him in the leotard Tom wouldn't have been able to produce Kolchak replacement parts, so it all works out in the end. :wink:
Cult of Personality wrote:I thought I had mentioned the Kolchak project before...
You probably have, but you know these forums--it's almost impossible to read everything. As long as you let us know when they're ready, you'll definitely have at least one interested buyer. 8)

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#31 Post by Cult of Personality »

Zombie_61 wrote:
tay666 wrote:...I had no interest in a comic character, but that set would get me interested :D
Out of all of the villains on the show, Frank Gorshin's Riddler has always been one of my favorites. I was looking forward to the kit until I saw they had sculpted him in the suit rather than the more well-known leotard, at which point I was on the fence about whether or not I'd get one. Of course, if they had sculpted him in the leotard Tom wouldn't have been able to produce Kolchak replacement parts, so it all works out in the end. :wink:

Y'know the funny thing is, the original plan was to create a set to fit the Moebius Jekyll kit. When I had my initial chat with Mark at Jersey Fest, Frank had agreed to do a limited run of 100 bagged kits for me and I had hired Ray Santoleri to do a new Fredric March head but I was still looking for another conversion to release for the Jekyll. One idea was for a Jack Palance Hyde, but I decided very few people had even SEEN that version, plus the make-up is not as horrific as one comes to expect from the character. Anyway, something just clicked when I was looking at pics Frank had sent of the Gorshin sculpt, and I'd LIKE to say the rest is history, but HOPEFULLY it will be soon! BTW, I was looking at pics from Wondercon and the Joker sculpt has me VERY excited! One set of arms has the Joker displaying his joybuzzers, which PURELY by coincidence was a conversion I had been thinking about for that kit. In the Batman movie, there is a scene in the villain's lair where the Joker shocks the Riddler and Penguin during a heated argument. PRETTY sure Gorshin is wearing the suit, but I do not recall if he has the jacket on. Anyway, an electric jolt would CERTAINLY explain the expression Moebius chose for the kit (just sayin'... 8) )
When I get a chance I will try and get primer on the reduced Kolchak head so you can see how well the detail translated. :D
Tom

Glusniffer

#32 Post by Glusniffer »

Apparently (Hopefully) this kit has finally seen the light! I scored one last night from Amazon and it was the last one but more in stock by June 1st. Tracking info says preparing for shipment. NOT available by Amazon Prime....... :?

EDIT: Kits on the way! SWEET! \:D/

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#33 Post by tay666 »

Yeah. Someone posted on HobbyTalk about picking one up from Moebius at a show last weekend.
So they are in the states now.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#34 Post by Scooke123 »

I got one at my LHS last weekend.
Steve Cooke

Glusniffer

#35 Post by Glusniffer »

Arrived today and I'm very impressed! Well worth the long wait. I'll post some stuff in the GK database later. 8)

Link: http://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 3#p1385033

Glusniffer

#36 Post by Glusniffer »

5 in stock @ Amazon........... :wink: