What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Rare Weekend Finds

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

david5877
Glue Sniffer

Rare Weekend Finds

#1 Post by david5877 »

This weekend was out shopping with the wife to buy her some jeans she's been wanting. After that experience we went for a long drive up along Route 20 east in the Cleveland area. As we were driving I spotted a hobby shop and decided to go in. To my surprise this place was loaded with old stock hobby kits and trains from the 60's 70's and 80's. So as I was browsing I came across some Aurora airplane kits there, there had to be several hundreds on the shelf, so I continued to search the store and came across a MPC Curl's Gurl kit, I asked the owner if the kit was complete and he said yes. I asked him how much and he said $75.00, I said I'll take it, probably paid to much for it but oh well. Got the kit home to inspect it and found that the lubricant capsules in the kit had leaked out over the years keeping the rubber bands in good shape. how funny was that. Now my question is, I also saw a Aurora Rat Patrol kit and a Aurora Anzio Beach kit both kits are complete and was wondering how much are these two kits worth in todays dollars? Based on your guys opinions I will make a decision on what to offer the guys for them.

Thanks, David
It is said that life is a figment of our imagination - Then I must be living in a fantasy world

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Re: Rare Weekend Finds

#2 Post by tay666 »

Well, I don't follow those kits at all, but looking at completed auctions on ebay, the
Rat Patrol seems to be in the $100-200 range.
The Anzio Beach looks to be a bit less than that.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

dmorrissette
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Rare Weekend Finds

#3 Post by dmorrissette »

Stewarts Hobbies?