What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Anyone get the new Moebius Joker yet?

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

ausf
Seam Filler

Anyone get the new Moebius Joker yet?

#1 Post by ausf »

Mine showed up yesterday (preordered through Omni a looooooooong time ago.

One problem, all sealed bags, no face. Nothing, just head side pieces and a gaping hole with three former attachment points where the face should be.

Funny thing is, I cracked the box only to check out how they did with Cesar's likeness, even commenting to my wife as I did, only to be left hanging.

Anyone else have this problem?
Plausible deniability.

llricmc
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: Anyone get the new Moebius Joker yet?

#2 Post by llricmc »

The sprues on mine are complete.
Ric McHone

Dale Stringer
Squire of the Sprue

#3 Post by Dale Stringer »

Yes, mine was okay also. But, I know you're not amused! (*,)
Dale Stringer

ausf
Seam Filler

#4 Post by ausf »

Thanks guys, that's good news.

I guess the Joke is on me.

I emailed Moebius, they responded which is great, but they want me to pay $3.50 for it.

That really rubs me the wrong way. I paid for the model once, didn't get a complete model, I don't think I should be on the hook for making it whole (it's not about the money).

If someone buys something from me, even if they messed up a part, I'll cast them another and send it to them. I'd rather have people be happy and show off a great piece, than feel like they've been ripped off or have a shoddy product.

I've bought almost everything Moebius has released. I've had missing parts with all company's kits over the years, stuff happens, I get it, but usually no issue getting replacements (taleri made me send the box UPC, but they made good). If it was my fault, I'd be more than happy to pay, but I only opened a box, not even the bag, so it wasn't a case of damage or misplacing.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll still be buying whatever comes out, just not as 'enthused' about them as I used to be.
Plausible deniability.

beaveren
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#5 Post by beaveren »

Did you buy direct from Moebius? If so then I agree that your beef is with them and they should make good. If you purchased from another seller then they should be responsible for getting you the missing part or issuing a full refund or at least partial so that you can get the missing part you need. If purchased using a CC then there should be some avenue to make this right for you. Not the best PR move on Moebius' part for sure. Especially here on a modeling forum....

B
* Looking for Warlock bust from New Mutants (producer unknown)
https://www.facebook.com/PathosModelCreations/

ausf
Seam Filler

#6 Post by ausf »

I sort of agree with you B, but I also think Omni held up their end of the bargain. They sent me a sealed kit for the price I paid. I equally like both companies, they are my two favorites in styrene. I buy all my Moebius through Omni.

Moebius admitted fault, said they have the part and will send it to me. Since they made the kit, I assumed they would want to correct it themselves, I'm not in a rush and understand stuff happens.

I have no doubt Omni will either send a new one free of charge (if they have any) or refund as I prefer, they aren't open until Monday, but it's not really their fault. Yes, they are responsible, it's part of doing business, but Moebius is a business too and they are the only one responsible for this problem.

It's the lack of standing by the product that cheeses me off.
Plausible deniability.

ausf
Seam Filler

#7 Post by ausf »

OmniModels, as hoped, was excellent in customer service.

Extremely apologetic, even though it wasn't their fault, laughed at the fact that the face was missing when they were assured I wasn't upset and immediately took care of me by backordering a new kit at no charge.

I can wait, it was never about the time or inconvenience, I merely want a full kit without being milked for more scratch.

They offered to put me in touch with Moebius, I explained their response and they again apologized for Moebius.

They've cemented my long standing loyalty.
Plausible deniability.

beaveren
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#8 Post by beaveren »

ausf wrote:OmniModels, as hoped, was excellent in customer service.

Extremely apologetic, even though it wasn't their fault, laughed at the fact that the face was missing when they were assured I wasn't upset and immediately took care of me by backordering a new kit at no charge.

I can wait, it was never about the time or inconvenience, I merely want a full kit without being milked for more scratch.

They offered to put me in touch with Moebius, I explained their response and they again apologized for Moebius.

They've cemented my long standing loyalty.
Man...that is really good to hear. Glad things are going to work out.

B

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#9 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

I've had two kits with parts problems from Pegasus and contacted them directly. I called and spoke with Larry who responded quickly and sent me replacement parts immediately. As the new owners of Moebius, I would have expected the same level of customer service. I hope that hasn't changed. I've had nothing but great customer service from them in the past.

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#10 Post by Glusniffer »

just scored one from amazon! Shwing! :icecream:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

Mark M
Site Admin
Wizard of Washes

#11 Post by Mark M »

Got mine from Steve Iverson at http://www.culttvmanshop.com/

Steve always keeps on top of things and keeps his customers informed, I've been buying kits from him for many, many years and have always been treated right and have never had any issues whatsoever. Plus he's a longtime modeler, so he understands the hobby from the viewpoints of his customers. :thumb: :thumb:

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#12 Post by tay666 »

Mark M wrote:Got mine from Steve Iverson at http://www.culttvmanshop.com/

Steve always keeps on top of things and keeps his customers informed, I've been buying kits from him for many, many years and have always been treated right and have never had any issues whatsoever. Plus he's a longtime modeler, so he understands the hobby from the viewpoints of his customers. :thumb: :thumb:
Same.
Though anymore I usually just buy from him at WF. Save the shipping costs :)
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Glusniffer

#13 Post by Glusniffer »

Arrived today and I'm tickled pinkish/purple. This molded color is LOUD! All pieces are there also. No accessories with this one base-wise but I'm sure I can come up with something. :P So happy to have this new addition to an awesome series of kits! Imma get started. Its modelin time again! 8)

Mark M
Site Admin
Wizard of Washes

#14 Post by Mark M »

Glusniffer wrote:Arrived today and I'm tickled pinkish/purple. This molded color is LOUD! All pieces are there also. No accessories with this one base-wise but I'm sure I can come up with something. :P So happy to have this new addition to an awesome series of kits! Imma get started. Its modelin time again! 8)
Go Man, Go... :thumb: :thumb: 8)

Glusniffer

#15 Post by Glusniffer »

Mark M wrote:
Glusniffer wrote:Arrived today and I'm tickled pinkish/purple. This molded color is LOUD! All pieces are there also. No accessories with this one base-wise but I'm sure I can come up with something. :P So happy to have this new addition to an awesome series of kits! Imma get started. Its modelin time again! 8)
Go Man, Go... :thumb: :thumb: 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30eA4ooAyM 8)

ausf
Seam Filler

#16 Post by ausf »

Omni made good on the replacement, so I'm good to go.

I started a replacement sculpt in the meantime, just haven't had a chance to get back to it.
Plausible deniability.

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#17 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

ausf wrote:Omni made good on the replacement, so I'm good to go.

I started a replacement sculpt in the meantime, just haven't had a chance to get back to it.
You're working on a better likness head or something totally different? I'm not impressed with the likeness on the face at all and have been putting off buying this for that reason. The rest of the series was great with the exception of the Riddler. It seems the likeness are getting worse as they go.

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#18 Post by belrog999 »

Big Daddy Dave H wrote:
ausf wrote:Omni made good on the replacement, so I'm good to go.

You're working on a better likness head or something totally different? I'm not impressed with the likeness on the face at all and have been putting off buying this for that reason. The rest of the series was great with the exception of the Riddler. It seems the likeness are getting worse as they go.
It could be a copyright snafu with the actors estates.
belrog

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#19 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

belrog999 wrote:
Big Daddy Dave H wrote:
ausf wrote:
It could be a copyright snafu with the actors estates.
Frank and Dave were discussing this at Wonderfest a couple of years ago. They said getting the final versions approved by the license group was a real pain. Each round with the Robin head looked less and less like Burt Ward as the back and forth approval process continued. Frank was clearly frustrated and I don't blame him or Dave for that. It's not their fault. Someone on Facebook got ahold of resin proofs of the original sculpts of the Penguin and Riddler kits and posted photos. The Riddler heads looked so much better than what we ended up with in the kit. I totally get that it's difficult to get the same level of detail in styrene. I wish they could release these with separate resin heads like Round2 did with the Dark Shadows Barnabas and Wolfman kit. Tom's heads were fantastic and a great edition.

beaveren
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#20 Post by beaveren »

This is where 3d modeling comes in great. Simple and cheap for the most part to model a better likeness head and then market that as an aftermarket upgrade.

B