What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

It took me *how long* to finish these models? -)

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

lsamuels
Seam Filler

It took me *how long* to finish these models? -)

#1 Post by lsamuels »

I was dusting off some of my Aurora re-issues (that really needed it) - Wolfman, Phantom, Creature - when all the loose rats, and lizards, and snakes that I never really glued into place just started to bug me. "Glue me!" they cried out - so I did, only 25 years or so late. -) Amazing they never got lost in all that time... so I finally can say I finished those models!

Of course, starting to re-glue things snowballs, as other parts start falling off after all this time. But now (with fresh glue), they'll last longer than me, maybe.

Speaking of dusting: I saw this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091 ... UTF8&psc=1

in a discussion of cleaning collectibles. Pricey as can be, but it does a great job of removing dust from all sorts of nooks and crannies, and even helps with guitar cleaning (dusting around the tuners, for instance). *Very* soft, highly recommended.

PS: And, being the person I am, I still have the instructions that came with the models, so I can tell for sure which rat goes with which model, and where. -) I *knew* I'd need those instructions someday!

Warped Speed
Squire of the Sprue

Re: It took me *how long* to finish these models? -)

#2 Post by Warped Speed »

Been using one of those for years. Or should have been...

Carl-

lsamuels
Seam Filler

Re: It took me *how long* to finish these models? -)

#3 Post by lsamuels »

I was surprised how that brush removed dust that I wasn't able to get off with more ordinary brushes and compressed air. I guess all the brush fibres are good at getting into the nooks and crannies I couldn't get to otherwise. A very pleasant surprise.