What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Where can I find Clear Gloss in a little bottle?

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

BobbysMonsterModels
Glue Sniffer

Where can I find Clear Gloss in a little bottle?

#1 Post by BobbysMonsterModels »

I'm an enamel painter and I use to use Model Masters Clear Gloss Lacquer. Just got back into modeling again and my old bottle has turned into an ugly yellow-y gloss. I need a nice Clear Gloss Lacquer or Enamel. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Aspire to inspire, before you retire or expire.

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

Re: Where can I find Clear Gloss in a little bottle?

#2 Post by Aurora 484 »

What about the Alclad product? I've never used it but perhaps someone else has and can give a review...

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#3 Post by Glusniffer »

Hobby Lobby. 8)
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

Trekkriffic
Jack of all Trades

#4 Post by Trekkriffic »

Bottle or rattle can? In rattle cans you can still get Testors Glosscote lacquer. And you can sometimes find a bottle of Testors clear gloss enamel in the small bottle if you’re lucky. Krylon also makes a good clear gloss in a rattle can although they can be a little hot when applied over enamels so you’d want to spray it in thin layers to avoid wrinkling the enamel.

True North makes a variety of paint colors in bottles. They have a clear gloss in both enamel and lacquer. Here’s a link:
https://www.truenorthpaints.com/paintstore

A little pricey at $8.99 a bottle.

Personally, when I want a clear gloss to brush over enamel paint I use Future which is now sold as Pledge gloss acrylic floor cleaner available at most supermarkets.