What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

new mad max

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

new mad max

#1 Post by raydrz »

half-skull faced guy is super scary...gotta be a KIT!!!
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: new mad max

#2 Post by temperflash »

Theres a character in the recent film "Hybrid" who wears a motorcycle helmet with face mask made from the facial bones of a human skull.

I liked that one because the helmet and face mask looked home made and hand painted with a brush, it made it seem more like something a young pyscho might come up with in their spare time in a ethnic cleansing war zone.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#3 Post by raydrz »

immortan joe is the bad boy i saw...

JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by temperflash »

Took a look at some online stores and found plenty of skull face and half skull face masks , some are airsoft masks.
They look pretty good but nothing like Immortan Joe's mask. Not even enough to use as a base for a build up.

I was surprised to find that the actor playing immortan joe is in fact the same actor who played "Toe Cutter" the leader of the villians in the first Mad Max movie.

While he has had many roles with little or no makeup he has appeared in sci fi films in various guises, his natural appearance disguised.
Personally I find his normal appearance a bit disquieting.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#5 Post by raydrz »

IMDb makes him look like lorne greene...IMO...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0117412/

JOHN PETIK

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#6 Post by temperflash »

raydrz wrote:IMDb makes him look like lorne greene...IMO...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0117412/

Lorne Green with the shadow of a depraved sadistic sneer.

needful1one
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by needful1one »

That guy is the guy who played Toe-Cutter from the first Mel Gibson film I was told.
-Robb

black and white
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#8 Post by black and white »

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen if you enjoyed the others. I wouldn't recommend watching this if you haven't at the very least seen mad max and road warrior. The movie is pretty much one big chase scene that is incredible to watch and keeps you entertained the whole time. I wish they had gone into the back stories a little more, but you get the idea if you have seen the others. Max is more of a secondary character to Furiosa this time around with the movie switching back and forth between his and her perspective. Overall, I found it to be a lot of fun and an excellent addition to the mad max saga.

Ant
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#9 Post by Ant »

Absolutely loved every second of it! A nonstop juggernaut of a film. And some fantastic kit potential in both characters and vehicles!

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#10 Post by Tim Fortuna »

"What a day, what a lovely day!"
Saw it yesterday with my kids (15 and 18) and we all enjoyed it. Wore my Interceptor shirt and no one noticed (darn
posers :lol: ).
Went to the 11am show in the UltraAVX Dolby Atmos 3D theatre to further the experience and had an absolute blast.
I was a little worried after watching the trailer as there seemed to be an over abundance of ammunition. One of the cool things about the MM series was the scrounging and lack of supplies to survive. So I thought it was going to be one of those "take twenty shots with a revolver without reloading" movies. I was gladly mistaken. Should of known better with George Miller at the helm. :wink:
Any ways, the action never stops right from the beginning. I loved it and am looking forward to more (not to mention a bluray with LOTS of extras).
:D
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

monster dork
Jack of all Trades

#11 Post by monster dork »

We say it yesterday and loved it!!! I might even go as far as saying it's my favorite Mad Max film. There's so much going on you miss some of the craziness going on with the surrounding cars. It was none stop from the very beginning. The wife and I are already planning on seeing it again. I think we could make kits from this movie for a long time!

monster dork
Jack of all Trades

#12 Post by monster dork »

...oh yeah, and who else laughed every time they showed the big "drum" truck with the heavy metal guitar guy hanging off of it? I know it sounds dumb but I loved it!!!!

cire-neivk
Master of Masking

#13 Post by cire-neivk »

monster dork wrote:...oh yeah, and who else laughed every time they showed the big "drum" truck with the heavy metal guitar guy hanging off of it? I know it sounds dumb but I loved it!!!!
That guitar guy was great! This movie is great! Non-stop action through the whole thing! It's a must see movie and is now on my "favorite movies" list.
Eric

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#14 Post by scubasteve »

I agree. This movie rocks!
Insane cars with insane stunts! You have to wonder how nobody got killed. I know there is a massive amount of digital bodies used but there was some very practical crashes and jumps as well.
It is not for the masses as it is 2 hours of an intense car chase, however I was chewing on my popcorn bag and rooting for the little punk.
I LOVED the drum/flaming guitar truck. Listening to the soundtrack now but it is not the same. When I first saw that truck in the previews I thought how stupid but somehow it fits perfectly into the movie.
Ineptitude-If you can't do something well, enjoy doing it poorly.

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#15 Post by Tim Fortuna »

scubasteve wrote:I agree. This movie rocks!
I LOVED the drum/flaming guitar truck. Listening to the soundtrack now but it is not the same. When I first saw that truck in the previews I thought how stupid but somehow it fits perfectly into the movie.
I felt the same way. Thought it was lame in the trailer but it worked in the bat$#!+ insane environment.
Loved how the bad guys looked like this dude from MMBTD.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

Ant
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#16 Post by Ant »

Tim Fortuna wrote: Loved how the bad guys looked like this dude from MMBTD.
Yeah I wondered if that was more than coincidental...

hakaider2
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#17 Post by hakaider2 »

one mother of a surrealistic hellride..loved every minute of it!!

cire-neivk
Master of Masking

#18 Post by cire-neivk »

raydrz wrote:half-skull faced guy is super scary...gotta be a KIT!!!
After seeing this movie last night I think there's a lot of potential for some really cool kits based off the characters.
Eric

black and white
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#19 Post by black and white »

cire-neivk wrote:
raydrz wrote:half-skull faced guy is super scary...gotta be a KIT!!!
After seeing this movie last night I think there's a lot of potential for some really cool kits based off the characters.
I have a pretty good feeling you will be seeing some in the future.... :wink:

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#20 Post by scubasteve »

Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron) would be a wicked kit, maybe with her sniper rifle! and of course Immortan Joe and cast his body armor in clear resin!
Ineptitude-If you can't do something well, enjoy doing it poorly.