What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

New Jurassic Park movie coming to Theaters

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Re: New Jurassic Park movie coming to Theaters

#21 Post by scubasteve »

3D or not to 3D?
I decided to not see 3D movies. Somehow when there is lots of action I get lost when it is in 3D.
However I am wondering should I see this one in 3D?
Ineptitude-If you can't do something well, enjoy doing it poorly.

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#22 Post by Crazy Joe »

Saw it in IMAX 3D last Sunday -

Visually sumptuous, ordinary story, the paleontologist in me wretched, but overall really entertaining. Nothing really new, but better than the preceding sequels. Chris Pratt - his character carries the movie -- yep, Starlord (haven't YOU EVER HEARD of Starlord??? :) ) is the new white-hot "It" actor...

And yes, Scuba Steve, by all means, see it in IMAX 3D. Make sure it's IMAX. You will dig it.
crazy joe

"Many miles away----- something rises to the surface...

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjmodels/albums

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#23 Post by scubasteve »

Ok Crazy Joe. I'll go see the 3D but IMAX is out of the question as the closest one is 3 hours away and in my Tahoe that is about $50 in gas for a round trip.

Frank-Holger
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#24 Post by Frank-Holger »

I stopped seeing 3D movies after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY as I shouted out SIT DOWN DUDE, I CANNOT SEE THE FILM! and all are looking at me because it was Crhis Pratt IN the movie who stands there. That was ridiculous and I was really happy that it was dark in there so nobody could see my face turning to purple...

And isn´t it cool that they will make a new trilogie of JURASSIC PARK because the box office was more than they expected? Have read that on a cinesite somewhere in the net. Hopefully, because those films are pure eye candy.

Frank

Joseph Osborn
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#25 Post by Joseph Osborn »

I don't really like 3D movies, but I did see Jurassic World in IMAX 3D. The larger screen makes the 3D easier to watch, and the sound is awesome. The movie is nearly perfect (for what it aims to be). The best thing about the overpowering sound is that you can yell at the screen during the action and nobody can hear you.

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#26 Post by scubasteve »

the 3D version was late in the afternoon so I opted for the 2D thinking that if it is as good as everybody says then I'll take the family and go back to a 3D version.

I doubt I'll go see it again. I enjoyed the movie and giggled like a school girl when the jeep came on. Loved the Velociraptors and the way they acted like puppies. I enjoyed the actors and the story for the most part.
The two things I hated from the previews I hated even more on the screen. The first being the gyrosphere. Somehow I can totally wrap my head around the science fiction that you can create genetically modified dinosaurs and that people can afford to go see them but the idea that a large glass like sphere can go off road and not get stuck and stay perfectly clean is just too far fetched for me. The second is the large sea creature that they were feeding the shark and people are in a splash zone. That creature could have easily smashed the fences that separated it from the crowds.

With a couple of good plot twists that I did not see coming and some great visuals I will give it a 8 out of 10.
Now how much do I love the first movie. Check out my tattoo and the jeep I rebuilt for my son last year and while it is not stock like the 1992 Wranglers in the movie it certainly could be costumed to match one as it is a 1995 Wrangler.

eradicator178
Finger Painter

#27 Post by eradicator178 »

It will be interesting to see what they do for the sequel. I guess it will be something like Dennis Nedry stealing the embryos since the Doctor took embryos also.

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#28 Post by timetraveler »

I'm not sure we have seen the last of Indominus Rex. It was pulled into the water but we did not see it actually get finished off. That cuttlefish DNA may have given it some aquatic survival skills as well.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#29 Post by raydrz »

timetraveler wrote:I'm not sure we have seen the last of Indominus Rex. It was pulled into the water but we did not see it actually get finished off. That cuttlefish DNA may have given it some aquatic survival skills as well.
awww larry, ya spoiler! you ruined the whole movie for me :roll: ...yeah, hard to believe i haven't seen it yet ](*,)
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

the Baron
Finger Painter

#30 Post by the Baron »

I decided to see it in the theaters, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's enjoyable, as a sci-fi adventure story. I will buy this for my library, eventually.
"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#31 Post by Buc Wheat »

raydrz wrote:awww larry, ya spoiler! you ruined the whole movie for me :roll: ...yeah, hard to believe i haven't seen it yet ](*,)
Rule #1 of 'Screening Room': If you haven't seen the movie,
DON'T open the thread!!

:)

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#32 Post by raydrz »

i could be the ONLY person on God's green earth to not give a DAMN about spoilers...BRING THEM ON!!!

i was just busting chops on my pal, larry :jester: :bleble:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

the Baron
Finger Painter

#33 Post by the Baron »

Well, how much could someone spoil this one for someone else? I mean, even though I enjoyed it well enough, you can still guess the plot--Man resurrects dinosaurs and puts them in a park, where they run amok and kill people. Oops! Sorry!
"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Knight of the Round Bench

#34 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Yeah, it's not like you told everyone about the Zombies. :mrgreen:
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks