What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Walking Dead Season 7 - Let the Slaughter Begin

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: The Walking Dead Season 7 - Let the Slaughter Begin

#21 Post by derekc62 »

I'm pretty sure that in order for the story to continue unfolding Rick's going to get back on his feet.
I can't see The Walking Dead without a strong Rick lasting very long.
Derek Conlon

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#22 Post by Glusniffer »

Yeah brutal ep. Yo Negan. Karma is an ugly bitch! And she aint your friend! :wink:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#23 Post by raydrz »

next ep should be easier on us...
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#24 Post by temperflash »

Considering how many of Negin's followers Rick and his friends killed without compunction I'd have to say they got off light, as horrible as it was.

From a leaked teaser it appears Carole is still in the picture, and no doubt will be the avenging angel she has been in the past. Negin best hope someone kills him before Carol gets to him.
I think she has killed more of his followers than all the others put together and in imaginative ways.

FilmMkr
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#25 Post by FilmMkr »

Carol is in the Kingdom with Morgan, and we will meet Ezekiel during Sunday's S7E2. The whole Kingdom arc is pretty awesome, with a lot of dry humor.

They did not sign Jeffrey Dean Morgan to such a juicy role to kill him off in one season, so Negan is not going anywhere. He has quite the storyline in the source material that can be milked for quite a while. Carl will begin to come into his own as a result of his interactions with Negan.

The whole kidnapping Darryl thing is interesting, because, as you know, the Darryl character ws created from whole cloth for the televised program and appears nowhere in the novels.
Last edited by FilmMkr on October 28th, 2016, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#26 Post by raydrz »

previews indicate it will be Carol and Morgan that meet the catdaddy (Ezekiel?) @ the Kingdom...possible battle royale between Negan's camp & the Kingdom???
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#27 Post by raydrz »

what marc said
JOHN PETIK

Glusniffer

#28 Post by Glusniffer »

[quote="raydrz"]the catdaddy (Ezekiel?)
I like that! 8)

Glusniffer

#29 Post by Glusniffer »

Made it through ep 2 up to Ezekiel and the tiger before I had to crash. Had to re-watch ep 1 just to digest again how brutal and demoralizing that all was for the guys. After all they've been through and now this. :? Not unexpected but a vicious season opener.

Happy Halloween guys........... 8)

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#30 Post by XOFACTO2 »

I apologize in advance but I just had to. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#31 Post by raydrz »

my newest favorite tune :shock:
JOHN PETIK

Glusniffer

#32 Post by Glusniffer »

They could have used Bohemian Rhapsody for the same effect! Out of the 5 stations I listen to I hear that damn song at least once a day............ :x
I HATE BO-RAP........................ :evil:

Glusniffer

#33 Post by Glusniffer »

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#34 Post by DoctorG »

The show certainly has been a bit slow lately. I sure hope the 90 minute episode this Sunday packs more action than the last episode did...
Dr. G.

sippog
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#35 Post by sippog »

I think the team is back together - after a long (too long) second act, Rick is gonna reverse himself

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the President Negan kit

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#36 Post by resin addict »

I'm wondering if a lot of people feel like I do...I got turned off by the promise of a huge shocking finale, only to be teased with having to wait all summer to find out what really happened. Once the first episode was done, I just felt let down. I watched the second episode and was actually pretty bored with it...I've recorded the rest, but as of right now have now interest in watching them.
What I have noticed is a substantial drop at leas in discussion here...used to be that beginning every Sunday night there would multiple posts of people discussing the latest episode...now there have been weeks that have gone by with no discussion at all.
I kind of wonder if Gimple and Co. might have butchered the goose that was laying golden eggs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Glusniffer

#37 Post by Glusniffer »

resin addict wrote:I'm wondering if a lot of people feel like I do...I got turned off by the promise of a huge shocking finale, only to be teased with having to wait all summer to find out what really happened. Once the first episode was done, I just felt let down. I watched the second episode and was actually pretty bored with it...I've recorded the rest, but as of right now have now interest in watching them.
What I have noticed is a substantial drop at leas in discussion here...used to be that beginning every Sunday night there would multiple posts of people discussing the latest episode...now there have been weeks that have gone by with no discussion at all.
I kind of wonder if Gimple and Co. might have butchered the goose that was laying golden eggs.
No your not alone here. After the 1st ep, it kinda died for me. Just extremely boring episodes after that. Hopefully the action will pick up again after the new year. I pray the group comes out kicking some serious ass ie: the recipe needs some Daryl/Carol........... [-o<

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#38 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Personally, I’ve really enjoyed the season. Let’s call it Season 7.1. I get that a lot of people were really turned off by the deaths of Glenn and Abraham. But I don’t think people should just give up on the show. The rest of the episodes have all been on par with other seasons. I’m looking forward to the return after the mid season break.

I know the ratings have dropped. Maybe Gimple and Co. did go too far with Glenn and Abraham for most people. Me, I’m sticking with it.
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks

sippog
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#39 Post by sippog »

I think the problem has been that they kind of painted themselves into a corner with making Negan such a dominant figure for so much of the series. It was an interesting study in oppression but it stymied development in the main plot which is why they've been giving storylines to relatively minor characters. Also - I have to stay that Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character, although effective, doesn't have a lot of variation. All a bit samey.

"Sons of Anarchy" also featured one really nasty SOB antagonist per series who ultimately got defeated but they kept the storyline moving and allowed the hero to 'go into action'. A better formula

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#40 Post by resin addict »

XOFACTO2 wrote:...I get that a lot of people were really turned off by the deaths of Glenn and Abraham...
I want to make it clear, it wasn't the deaths of those major characters that turned me off...what really got me p.o.'d was the huge buildup last spring..."a major character will die"..."the cast wasn't able to sleep after filming this episode" etc., so you go through the entire finale and it's: "fooled ya!!!see you next fall!!!"
That, and then this is just me, but I'm starting to get the impression that the producers are reminding me of how adolescent boys acted when we were young...trying to "out-gross" each other. It's like shock just for the sake of shock...I can deal with the gore and violence when it's humans against zombies, but their concept of society breaking down into small factions so quickly, canablism, killing for the sake of killing...just not enjoying it as much...but that's just me probably.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein