What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

GAME OF THRONES - Season 7 thread - with SPOILERS

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: GAME OF THRONES - Season 7 thread - with SPOILERS

#121 Post by Buc Wheat »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: Well - 2 gripes I guess . . . it seemed like the number of people North of the wall increased at 1 point :-k - initial scene showed "x", then some were killed, but then more were shown than should have been left. Unless the initial shots had some scouting ahead or falling behind. Or maybe I can't count..

When they were backed up on the island and some were falling to the dead army, my son
was yelling "Red Shirt!! Red Shirt!" "where did all these extra guys come from?!! Only 6
freaking left the wall!!?!" :)

KathyD
Jack of all Trades

#122 Post by KathyD »

Buc Wheat wrote: When they were backed up on the island and some were falling to the dead army, my son was yelling "Red Shirt!! Red Shirt!"
I though red shirts too :)

I thought there was a second group of people following The Big Players as they came out of the gate, but I think I should watch again to be sure.

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#123 Post by tay666 »

scubasteve wrote:Well I learned not to watch an episode where Tormund is in danger with my wife. She was screaming at the TV when he was about to go down. That is a clear violation of the "No talking during an episode" rule.
:mrgreen:

What is funny, is I have heard from several people who were shocked at just how much they cared about him and were extremely distraught when they thought he was going to die.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#124 Post by temperflash »

I have a feeling that at a critical moment Daneris will find she can still exert some level of control over the Wight dragon, most likely while the Night King is riding it.

BTW
Did the Night King have Targareon blood?
Probably not considering the timeline.

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#125 Post by Crazy Joe »

Wow, that must have been a load for all of you regular posters to digest -

WHAT, NO POSTS ON THIS EPIC SEASON ENDER????!!!!

HOLY F****NG S**T!!!!

It looks like the major plot line for next season is set - and the story arcs become far more narrowly focused.

Major questions, though -

In what episode does the Night King meet his demise? Come on, it's GONNA HAPPEN - HBO CANNOT allow a series like this to end when the ultimate bad guy(s) win, and all of humanity gone?

My guess it happens before Circe gets it - and the Mountain as well.

For my money, it would be far more satisfying to these events to happen in the last 3 episodes -

Episode 4 - The Night King and his dragon meet it's demise, along with the army of the dead in a protracted, heart-crushing battle in which a few favorite characters die - but NOT Jon "Aegon" Snow-Garyen -

Episode 5 - Bran and Sam finally spill the goods on Jon as to who he REALLY IS - the urgency of the Army of the Dead spilling south of The Wall prevent them from doing so in the first three episodes. Meanwhile, the problem of Circe resurfaces and the remaining allies foment a plan on dealing with her. Jon has to reveal to Danerys his Targaryen blood, who may have already figured it out, but doesn't care because Jon is such a dreamboat, and she couldn't stand to live without her hot nephew...(ewwww grossss) An emotionally charged and dramatic episode.

Episode 6 - The SERIES FINALE - Circe is dispatched by the tragic figure of either Tyrion or Jamie or Arya or Sansa, Cleganebowl happens, with the Hound victorious over The Mountain, Danerys gives birth to a beautiful baby daughter with Jon/Aegon's inky-black eyes, and Jon and Sam, incognito, sip ales at a Flea Bottom brewery while a minstrel band plays "Don't Stop Believing" - fade to black, series over.
crazy joe

"Many miles away----- something rises to the surface...

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjmodels/albums

KathyD
Jack of all Trades

#126 Post by KathyD »

I'm still shocked that Sansa finally woke up and realised Littlefinger was manipulating her... I thought he'd make it to the end, thought he'd be the power behind the final peace. Love the interplay between Sansa and Arya, I have two sisters and we used to bitch at each other the same way but will always stand together when push comes to shove.

I worked out Jon/Aegon was the true king but think he'll give it up and walk away, like Maester Aemon.

LOVED Viserion taking down the wall, would love to see him and Drogon facing off, red and blue fire lighting up the sky. Can you see the kit of that???

And so pleased Jamie stood up for his principles, I think he and Briene will be very happy together (as much as it might break Tormund's heart)

Nalissa2

#127 Post by Nalissa2 »

They are so screwed. The Night King on undead Viserion was one of the most frightening things ever.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#128 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

KathyD wrote: . . . LOVED Viserion taking down the wall . . .
Nalissa2 wrote:They are so screwed. The Night King on undead Viserion was one of the most frightening things ever.
I'm going to have to go back and watch it again. That whole scene just didn't do it for me - just wasn't as "spectacular" as it should have been Image

The rest of the episode was great :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#129 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I didn't even realize it was the season ender. Thought there was one more episode left.
A little conflicted that it ended with Jon's bare taught ass :wink: , but other than that it was pretty awesome.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

Heavy Metal Spike

#130 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tim Fortuna wrote: . . . A little conflicted that it ended with Jon's bare taught ass . . .
Really? - this coming from a PLUMBER !?!?!?! :) :wink:

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#131 Post by tay666 »

tay666 wrote:As for Arya/Sansa, I don't think anything is going to come of it.
I am hoping that Arya is just playing with / testing her sister, while trying to draw out Littlefinger in the process. Get him to overplay his hand.
At least I am hoping that Arya isn't that petty and stupid to fall for his web.
That's my girl :mrgreen:
I loved how that played out. That look on Littlefinger's face.
He was actually speachless for a moment there :twisted:

And I loved Sansa's line.
"I'm a slow learner, but I learn"
It's great to see here finally come into her own.

Cersei had a chance to kill both her brother's this ep and didn't.
Will that come back to bite her in the ass?
I love that little exchange between Tyrion and Jaime in the hallway before he went in to see her.

Actually, there was tons of fan service in this ep. So many reunions.
And no, I still done see Brienne and Jaime together. He is way too damaged.
He will probably die taking out his sister anyway.
One question that has been bugging me for a bit. Where the heck has Ghost been?
Have we seen him since just before the Battle of the Bastards?
Still no resolution to this though :(
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#132 Post by scubasteve »

I am extremely pleased with the episode and tickled it did not leave us with some cliff hanger of wondering if somebody was dead.
I am also glad to see Little Finger's story end. It was getting on my nerves and when re-watching the last few episodes I fast forwarded the episode past his speaches.
Very glad to see Bran be useful this episode.
Glad to see Theon step up.
Also very pleased that the show did not end with the dead just stopping at the wall.

I had a few heart stopping moments. One when I thought we were going to lose Jamie and the other when I thought Bronn might have killed Podrick
My only thumbs down was Tyrion's attitude when Jon Snow and Deanarys were together at the end. What was that all about?

Yes I did catch that Fortnight was used in the episode and I knew what it meant this time.

My two questions - did Tormund die? and if you die are you automatically in the army of the dead or must you be touched by a White Walker?

My out in left field predictions - Cersi gives birth to some kind of creature which she kills.
Ice dragon will kill one dragon but will then be shot by the Qyburn cross bow
Jamie kills Cersi after she kills Tyrion
Daenarys no longer wants the throne after her and Jon's baby is born she flies off with her dragon who somehow gives birth to three new eggs.
Sansa is named queen.
I suppose we will see if all this comes true in about 603 days or so. (Lets hope not that long)
Ineptitude-If you can't do something well, enjoy doing it poorly.

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#133 Post by Crazy Joe »

Actually, there was tons of fan service in this ep.
Trevor's spot on, here. This episode was almost a "Love Note" to the fans. I can only IMAGINE what's going to take place in the following season - but I'm pretty sure that this will be a season of two major arcs -

1)- The resolution of the Dead, and destruction of the Night King - I'm almost POSITIVE this will happen first.

2)- The resolution of the Iron Throne - Circe, Danerys or Aegon/Jon - I'm CERTAIN this plays out in the last three episodes.

tickled it did not leave us with some cliff hanger of wondering if somebody was dead.
Actually, you were just doing that wondering about Tormund and Beric. They are likely dead, but given the miraculous "Plot Armour" of this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see them emerge from the ice and snow after the Army of the Dead are well south of them.
crazy joe

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#134 Post by Stormheart »

Man, I am really conflicted about the finale,and this season in general. On one hand, it's been fantastic! The divergent storylines are finally coming together in preparation for a final resolution, the actors really know they're characters and are all nailing each and every performance, and questions are being answered that have plagued readers of the books for decades. On the other hand, the entire season has seemed rushed to me. The way they've disregarded the limitations of time and distance have given this season an almost comic book feel that is completely different from the previous seasons. The characters are doing and saying things that (at least to me) don't seem as genuine as they have in the past. I don't know if fewer episodes was mostly an HBO decision, or if the producers just felt it was the best way to tell the story? I have to say that I've still really enjoyed it, but I can't help feeling like things were left out that I needed to see for the season to feel more satisfying.

Crazy Joe wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this will be a season of two major arcs -

1)- The resolution of the Dead, and destruction of the Night King - I'm almost POSITIVE this will happen first.

2)- The resolution of the Iron Throne - Circe, Danerys or Aegon/Jon - I'm CERTAIN this plays out in the last three episodes.
I really don't know how they will handle this? To my way of thinking this creates an ending with two climaxes. That's much easier for a writer to do in a novel than it is for the producers of a show or movie. It's hard to resolve one, and not cheat the other.
Actually, you were just doing that wondering about Tormund and Beric. They are likely dead, but given the miraculous "Plot Armour" of this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see them emerge from the ice and snow after the Army of the Dead are well south of them.
I can't see either one of them being dead...especially Beric. I can't see the Lord of Light bringing him back multiple times just to die like that.

A couple of thoughts about the final season:

The Night King has shown himself to be a good strategist. My question is will he fly ahead to Winterfell and destroy it before Dany can get there with the other dragons, or will he keep pace with his ever-growing army? If (like some rumors indicate) he was once a Stark, he knows Winterfell is the key to the North. Take it out, and chaos ensues.

I wonder what effect one of them becoming Azor Ahai will have on Jon and Dany? Although there is speculation now that their child will be Azor Ahai, I don't see it. I think it will be one of them (most likely Dany), and loving someone with god-like powers won't be easy. Could be a determining factor in who actually wins the Game of Thrones?
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#135 Post by Crazy Joe »

I really don't know how they will handle this? To my way of thinking this creates an ending with two climaxes. That's much easier for a writer to do in a novel than it is for the producers of a show or movie. It's hard to resolve one, and not cheat the other.
The producers of this show have been groundbreaking and giving this show unprecedented scope for a TV series. Cinematic scope, really, better than almost anything that's been put on the big screen.

I'm sure they will find a way to make it work, because really, I think the Night King has to be dealt with before the skeleton that sits on the Iron Throne is decided...
crazy joe

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#136 Post by Stormheart »

[quote]The producers of this show have been groundbreaking and giving this show unprecedented scope for a TV series.[quote]

I agree. I don't think I'll ever see another tv show this good, much like the Wizard of Oz, or Star Wars, it will continue to influence the genre (and story telling in general) for decades to come. GRRM deserves a lot of credit for that, but the producers deserve a good deal of the credit too. I've stated my issues with this past season, but overall it's been a terrific ride.
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching

Heavy Metal Spike

#137 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

scubasteve wrote: . . . Yes I did catch that Fortnight was used in the episode and I knew what it meant this time . . .
            • :lol:
scubasteve wrote: . . . My two questions - did Tormund die? and if you die are you automatically in the army of the dead or must you be touched by a White Walker?
Tormund and Beric were running AWAY from the collapse and away from the sea - so they were on solid ice that didn't go down. They'll be fine (for now).

As regards the "turning" - white walkers are created by touch of another white walker (or the King - per the dragon), but the dead (wights) can be raised by willpower of the Night King (no touch needed).

Last edited by Heavy Metal Spike on August 29th, 2017, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scubasteve
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#138 Post by scubasteve »

I just thought of something!! What about using the giant crossbow with a dragon glass arrowhead? Bam scratch one ice dragon.
Ineptitude-If you can't do something well, enjoy doing it poorly.

Heavy Metal Spike

#139 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Crazy Joe wrote: . . . I'm pretty sure that this will be a season of two major arcs -
    • 1) The resolution of the Dead, and destruction of the Night King - I'm almost POSITIVE this will happen first.
      2) The resolution of the Iron Throne - Circe, Danerys or Aegon/Jon - I'm CERTAIN this plays out in the last three episodes . . .
Yeah - my thoughts too.

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#140 Post by Tim Fortuna »

scubasteve wrote:...
I had a few heart stopping moments. One when I thought we were going to lose Jamie and the other when I thought Bronn might have killed Podrick...
Me too! I'm also a little worried about Bronn now that Jamie left. He's kind of on his own now and Cersi's comment about punishing him for the Tyrion/Jamie meeting.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders