What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Walking Dead - Season 8 - with Spoilers

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Knight of the Round Bench

The Walking Dead - Season 8 - with Spoilers

#1 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Can’t help but notice that this is the first season TWD that has NOT gotten a thread. So, I’m curious. What are people thinking? Do people just not care anymore? Has it indeed “Jumped the Shark.” Anyone else want to bitch slap Jesus? Please weigh in.

John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks

ONEYE
Finger Painter

Re: The Walking Dead - Season 8 - with Spoilers

#2 Post by ONEYE »

Even the CGI tiger had enough and asked to be written out of the show.

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#3 Post by XOFACTO2 »

ONEYE wrote:Even the CGI tiger had enough and asked to be written out of the show.
Look, Irwin, I'm up for the role in Life of Pi 2. I really need out of this contract. :wink:
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

ausf
Seam Filler

#4 Post by ausf »

The show was hanging on by a thread for me, but this season's ammunition expenditure has put me over the edge.

Danny Boyle nailed it when he said, you create the rules, no matter how absurd and then you stay within them and you're okay. TWD always valued bullets, now they stand and shoot windows until their barrels glow.

And the seven million chances at killing Negan that go by the wayside are tiresome, culminating with Gabriel. That scene should have went..."Have you got yo...PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT".

I didn't even see the Tiger's fate since apparently my eyeballs preferred the inside of their lids about 15 minutes in last night. I went from seeing them pack up the 50s to Hardwick in a blink.

Is it worth going back and watching it online?

I had real hopes that Fear would have been an adult version of TWD and it had promise, but then whoosh, it was off the rails too.
Plausible deniability.

Stewart Jackson
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Stewart Jackson »

Still enjoying the show, but I'm about done too with three episodes of non-stop bullets. Was seriously P.O'd that Sheba was taken down so easily. No way a bad ass 500 lb tiger doesn't take more rotting zombies with her!

Another thing that bugged me was how did that 50 cal. not make Swiss cheese outta Rick's jeep? It would have torn it to pieces and Rick with it.

Jeffery Dean Morgan is still an awesome villain you love to hate. I hear ya about Jesus, his heart is in the right place, but trying to be merciful to the Negan's band of mini-Negans is like trying to have a rational conversation with a nazi, they're too deep into the Kool-Aid.

Stewart
Last edited by Stewart Jackson on November 15th, 2017, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Transylvania; land of dark forests and black unfathomed lakes......."

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#6 Post by LOBOREX »

You gotta love the clubhouse, where else do you get to read sentences like this ( Anyone else want to bitch slap Jesus?) :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by DoctorG »

I think the show lost a lot of interest with people last season when everything went "slow" due to the Negan oppression and Rick rallying the other groups together. I'm still enjoying the show and will continue to watch it, but I can see how it's becoming a challenge for the writers to keep things fresh after 100 episodes. Perhaps this is how most series eventually die out?
Dr. G.

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#8 Post by XOFACTO2 »

I've realized I'm invested in some of the characters. Like Carol. My favorite character on the show. So, I'll keep watching just to find out what happens to her.

The show is a bit limited in terms of the subject matter. We're not going to see a musical episode like on Buffy or a Scooby-Doo crossover, like on Supernatural. So I guess that does tie the hands of the writers.

Negan is sort of a one note character. So that hasn't helped for the last year and a half. No offense to Mr. Morgan but he doesn't have half the acting chops of Mr. Morrissey. Now the Governor was an interesting bad guy.
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

sippog
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#9 Post by sippog »

XOFACTO2 wrote:
Negan is sort of a one note character. So that hasn't helped for the last year and a half. No offense to Mr. Morgan but he doesn't have half the acting chops of Mr. Morrissey. Now the Governor was an interesting bad guy.
I agree. Morgan consistently serves off the back foot - with diminishing returns. They should have killed him off long ago. The openings of some of the earlier series before this one - like the cannibal slaughterhouse scene - were nail chewing events so I've come to have high expectations. This series opened weakly and has meandered since - feels like they've lost their focus and possibly their way.

What's that down there? Looks like Jaws to me.

ausf
Seam Filler

#10 Post by ausf »

sippog wrote:
XOFACTO2 wrote:
I agree. Morgan consistently serves off the back foot - with diminishing returns. They should have killed him off long ago. The openings of some of the earlier series before this one - like the cannibal slaughterhouse scene - were nail chewing events so I've come to have high expectations. This series opened weakly and has meandered since - feels like they've lost their focus and possibly their way.

What's that down there? Looks like Jaws to me.
I agree, the Terminus bit was TWD at it's best, but it also showed the show at it's worst. It teed up at length Terminus, then basically wrapped it in minutes. There was so much material in that concept, they could have ran the whole season off of it, instead they went to the old, 'Hey, let's split up' plot ruiner.
Plausible deniability.

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#11 Post by XOFACTO2 »

ausf wrote:I agree, the Terminus bit was TWD at it's best, but it also showed the show at it's worst. It teed up at length Terminus, then basically wrapped it in minutes. There was so much material in that concept, they could have ran the whole season off of it, instead they went to the old, 'Hey, let's split up' plot ruiner.
"No Sanctuary" was, IMHO, the best episode of the series. It was just the right combination of action and character and story. Carol's character had a lot to do with that. Maybe they should have put her in charge. Then the whole Negan story line would already have been wrapped up.

I do like that they included some of Negan's background in the last episode. But I think it's too little too late.
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#12 Post by DoctorG »

Wow, it's pretty sad when a major character appears to be a goner and no one even blinks an eye about it (i.e. No comments here or even much on FB). Maybe TWD is simply fading off into the sunset....
Dr. G.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#13 Post by Todd P. »

I bailed on the show a couple seasons ago, although I do often read spoilers, most of which I take as confirmation that the creative people behind the show have come to regard killing characters as the only possible creative move to raise ratings. Not much fun investing in characters only to watch every last one of them die, often horribly.

No matter what, though, I'll always regard the first couple seasons as some of the best zombie entertainment ever.