What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

"The Blob" (1988 remake version) coming to Blu-ray!

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

highwayman57
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

"The Blob" (1988 remake version) coming to Blu-ray!

#1 Post by highwayman57 »

The 1988 remake of The Blob will be released on Blu-ray on October 14th, 2014. The disc is being released by Twilight Time and will be limited to just 5,000 copies (2,000 more than the normal amount of 3,000 discs per title Twilight Time makes). It will be available for purchase only from Screen Archives Entertainment ( http://www.screenarchives.com/index.cfm ), TT's sole distributor. Pre-orders will go up about about 25 days before the release date, normally at 4 PM Eastern Time. Price hasn't been announced yet, but recent Twilight Time releases on Blu-ray have been priced at $29.95 plus postage. This disc is likely to sell out quickly, so if you are interested in getting a copy, I'd place a pre-order as soon as it becomes available. I'm pre-ordering one as early as I can! ;)

For more info, go to the SAE website and sign up for their email list, which will alert you to all kinds of new releases of movies on Blu-ray & DVD and movie soundtracks on CD.
David
----------------

"No matter where you go... there you are!"
Buckaroo Banzai

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' "

Chuckenstein
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: "The Blob" (1988 remake version) coming to Blu-ray!

#2 Post by Chuckenstein »

Thanks for the heads-up. $29.95 is expensive for a Blu-ray disc, but it's a lot cheaper than trying to get it after it's sold out.

highwayman57
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Re: "The Blob" (1988 remake version) coming to Blu-ray!

#3 Post by highwayman57 »

It's been announced that pre-orders for this will start at 4 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, September 24th. Buyers will be limited to three copies each, so that as many people as possible will have a chance to purchase a copy. To place a pre-order for the disc, go to Screen Archives Entertainment ( http://www.screenarchives.com/index.cfm )

This disc will likely sell out quickly, so be sure to order as early as is possible! I'll be right in front of my computer come 4 PM on the 24th! ;)
David
----------------

"No matter where you go... there you are!"
Buckaroo Banzai

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' "