What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

"Face Of Fire" released on DVD

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

"Face Of Fire" released on DVD

#1 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

Finally one of my favorite classic movies was released on DVD March 31, 2015

If you have never seen this movie and are a fan of the classics then here is a good one to check out.

The movie is called "Face Of Fire" 1959. It is about a farm hand named Monk Johnson played by James Whitmore, "Monk" is very well liked by all the towns people in the community in which he lives but when a fire breaks out in the house of a doctor who is Monks employer Monk attempts to save the doctors son from the raging flames and in the process his face gets badly burned and disfigured. The people in the community that were once his friends could no longer stand to look at his face without viewing him as a monster and these same people tuned against him. The doctor that employed Monk stood by him after the fire and took care of him because he was grateful that Monk had risked his life trying to save his son from the fire.

I see that the DVD is for sale on ebay now and often times there are some awesome lobby cards, photos and posters from the movie also listed on ebay.

There aren't very many resin kits of James Whitmore and I have wished for a number of years that some talented sculptor would sculpt a Figure of Whitmore as "Monk" with two or three interchangeable heads (1) of James normal face as "Monk." (2) a hooded head and (3) a head showing the disfigured face.
Not only would a resin kit based on this character be a awesome tribute to James Whitmore, but it would make a great resin kit to add to anyone's collection.

'Anyhow," I highly recommend this movie!
:D
Rick