What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS LEGACY COLLECTION(S) AT WALMART

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS LEGACY COLLECTION(S) AT WALMART

#1 Post by Cult of Personality »

Was part of that HUGE power outage in the northeast Tuesday night and went to WalMart to get a lantern and some batteries. While I was there I noticed a restock of the repackaged "Legacy Collections" released last year. PRETTY sure a lot of you bought them the first time around and dealt with the issues attached to the double-sided discs (personally I NEVER found a Dracula set with both discs in even PLAYABLE condition but was able to piece one together by eventually purchasing three and returning two with the help of a VERY patient "Best Buy" customer service person). At any rate, Universal reissued these last year in four disc sets (or three in the case of the Creature) with ALL the documentaries and commentaries EVER produced for the characters AND "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" included with the Frank, Drac and Wolfman sets. Not sure if "A&C Meet the Mummy" is part of the Mummy set, but it would not surprise me. Retail was $26.99, you can find them on Amazon for between $20-$22 and WalMart had them before Christmas at $19.99. Well, the restocks are $16.99 and despite the fact I now have 7 or 8 versions of EACH of some of these films, I just HAD to pull the trigger on Dracula and will probably get Frankenstein and the Creature as well. And in six months when Amazon DUMPS the boxed set of ALL the classic films (y'know the one that includes "Man Made Monster" and the "Jungle/Ape Woman" films) for $40, I'll probably buy them again, LOL. Anyway, they are out there for a good price, so have at it!
Tom
The more things change, the more they stay the same...