What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Archer baby daddy?

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

The Archer baby daddy?

#1 Post by temperflash »

I think I've figured out who Sterling Archer's real father is.
I believe the culprit is Craig Stirling agent of Nemesis of the late 1960's ITV series "the Champions"
Besides an obvious physical resemblance, hair style, metro sexual clothing choices, and tactical turtle neck, one of Craig Stirling's super powers is lightning calculation, faster than a 1960's analog computer.
Sterling Archer has an as yet unexplained rainman like ability to work complicated math problems in his head.
Other similarities. Craig Stirling has rapid healing from injuries and is almost immune to toxins. Sterling Archer has been shot so many times only he can keep count and has suffered no permanent disability. His alcohol consumption alone would kill ten ordinary men.

There are other contenders, but Craig Stirling most closely fits the bill, and near as I can tell has never been mentioned on the series.

For some reason the female lead of the Champions, Alexadra Bastedo, looks very familar. The camera work, bold colors and contrast of the Champions series make characters faces stand out like well draw portraits, possibly a make up effect, and the scenes are composed much like comic book panels. I expect they used hand drawn storyboards to set up the scenes.

If nothing else I'm certain the artists for the Archer series were influenced by the Champions.

PS
Del Toro bought the rights to "the Champions" years ago, possibly planning to reboot the series.