What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Kong-Skull Island....WOW

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Kong-Skull Island....WOW

#21 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

My wife and I went to the theater and watched "Kong - Skull Island" the other evening, there was plenty of action throughout the movie the King Kong was pretty nice but I didn't like the Skullcrawlers at all, I thought the producers of the movie could have came up with something more impressive than a two legged creature.
"All in All," the movie was good and kept me awake and watching!
My personal favorite King Kong movie remains the 2005 Peter Jackson version, I think that the Kong in that movie was the most fearsome looking and intimidating Kong to have been put into a movie and I can't say enough for the Vastatosaurous Rex dinosaurs that Kong fought in the movie, I thought they were the most awesome looking creatures that Kong has ever done battle with.
The whole 2005 movie was brilliantly produced with plenty of action and creatures of all different types.
Its always intersting to watch a new movie of Kong with a different plot and look to the big ape and other creatures, but for my money its going to be pretty much imposible to top the 2005 movie with the gorilla style Kong confronting his ferocious adversary the Vastosaurus Rex!!!!

:D
Rick

patmoorea
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#22 Post by patmoorea »

PROFESSOR JARROD wrote:My wife and I went to the theater and watched "Kong - Skull Island" the other evening, there was plenty of action throughout the movie the King Kong was pretty nice but I didn't like the Skullcrawlers at all, I thought the producers of the movie could have came up with something more impressive than a two legged creature.
My personal favorite King Kong movie remains the 2005 Peter Jackson version, I think that the Kong in that movie was the most fearsome looking and intimidating Kong to have been put into a movie and I can't say enough for the Vastatosaurous Rex dinosaurs that Kong fought in the movie, I thought they were the most awesome looking creatures that Kong has ever done battle with.
The whole 2005 movie was brilliantly produced with plenty of action and creatures of all different types.
Its always intersting to watch a new movie of Kong with a different plot and look to the big ape and other creatures, but for my money its going to be pretty much imposible to top the 2005 movie with the gorilla style Kong confronting his ferocious adversary the Vastosaurus Rex!!!!

Rick
I second all of this. Good action movie, good music, but for sure, the 2005 Jackson's is far better. No problem here, because i didn't expect anything else. :D

TeddyNovak
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#23 Post by TeddyNovak »

I have liked all versions of King Kong ever done. I liked the 1976 version. I liked the 30's version. All of them. There seems to be a lot of love for the 2005 Jackson version and I like that one too but I HATE Jack Black in it. Anybody would have been better. Just having him in the movie almost ruins it for me.

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" - Ray Wylie Hubbard

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#24 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

TeddyNovak wrote:I have liked all versions of King Kong ever done. I liked the 1976 version. I liked the 30's version. All of them. There seems to be a lot of love for the 2005 Jackson version and I like that one too but I HATE Jack Black in it. Anybody would have been better. Just having him in the movie almost ruins it for me.
Funny the same feeling you get about Jack Black I get whenever I see Nicolas Cage in a action movie, he just doesn't have the "Action Hero" look or apeal for my taste!
:puke:
Rick

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#25 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Enjoyable enough as a popcorn flick - but having just seen LOGAN this was more of an "OK" rather than a "WOW!"

The acting was superb (as was the CGI) - and that end fight scene was REALLY something else!

Everything was VERY well done, but I guess I felt the story was a bit of a letdown. No idea why (I mean - what else did I expect? - lol), but it left me a bit cold. However, it was TONS better (way, WAY better) than that godawful Godzilla mess from a couple of years back.

I'll for sure watch it again when it's released on Blu-Ray et-al.

PS: can someone PLEASE tell me who the lead actress (Brie Larson) kept reminding me of - it's bugging the hell out of me !! (* EDIT *) Figured it out as I was typing - she reminds me of the lass that played the Terminatrix in the "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV series (Summer Glau).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#26 Post by tay666 »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:Enjoyable enough as a popcorn flick - but having just seen LOGAN this was more of an "OK" rather than a "WOW!"

The acting was superb (as was the CGI) - and that end fight scene was REALLY something else!

Everything was VERY well done, but I guess I felt the story was a bit of a letdown. No idea why (I mean - what else did I expect? - lol), but it left me a bit cold. However, it was TONS better (way, WAY better) than that godawful Godzilla mess from a couple of years back.
Funny, I still enjoy watching that G flick. It's not perfect, but it also isn't that bad.
Seeing this Kong movie gives me huge hopes for the next G-film though.
One of the things I hated in Godzilla was all the dark scenes for the monsters. A thing a lot of CGI monster films suffer from. (most especially Pacific Rim). But with all the daylight fight scenes in Kong, I am hoping that is a sign that the next G-film will have the same. Really give us a chance to see the creatures more, especially the fight scenes.
I think Legendary is really coming into it's own with these giant monster movies.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#27 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

Nokk1 wrote:I liked the movie as well but I like the design of Peter Jackson kong more
DITTO!!!!

Rick

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#28 Post by scuzzfink85 »

King Kong and Godzilla Vs Cloverfield.(:
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

centaur1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#29 Post by centaur1 »

patmoorea wrote:
PROFESSOR JARROD wrote:My wife and I went to the theater and watched "Kong - Skull Island" the other evening, there was plenty of action throughout the movie the King Kong was pretty nice but I didn't like the Skullcrawlers at all, I thought the producers of the movie could have came up with something more impressive than a two legged creature.

Rick
I second all of this. Good action movie, good music, but for sure, the 2005 Jackson's is far better. No problem here, because i didn't expect anything else. :D
I third of this

It was entertaining and kept your interest, but the creatures he is doing battle with left something to be desired. Not even close to the Peter Jackson skull island creatures

But but the new movie had some very good CGI and cinematic "grandeur" and it was fantastic in that respect; it had some very impressive camera angle shots during the fight scenes, and some fairly "moving" interaction between Kong and the cast

I did like his form and anatomy better than the mere giant silver back that Peter Jackson showcased, I will admit that

But other than that one aspect, the Peter Jackson version is still "king"

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#30 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

When my wife and I saw the movie the only thing we didn't like about it was the two legged dinosaurs!

Rick

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#31 Post by scuzzfink85 »

If they do King Kong Vs Godzilla they need redesign Godzilla
he's so fat. Richard Simmons where are you?. King Kong will beat him to pulp..
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

Glusniffer

#32 Post by Glusniffer »

Just caught this off Redbox. Cool watch but no doubt KK V.S. Big G!
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#33 Post by tay666 »

Honest Trailer for this just dropped.
And it's a good one :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saTFPCuQfvw
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#34 Post by temperflash »

The Skull Crawlers remind me of descriptions of the "Mongolian Death Worm". A lizard like snake or snake like lizard. There actually are two legged reptiles similar to this but very small, IIRC they have two hind legs but no front legs and mainly travel like a snake in sand with minimal assist from the tiny hind legs.

The Skull Crawlers would be a much more primitive creature than the dinosaur or true lizards for that matter. Likely amphibious and more at home in the water.
The giant land reptiles that preceded the dinosaurs were some very odd looking beasts indeed.
These apparently had no solid joints the joints being masses of cartilage and so very flexible. The White tail deer has similar front shoulder joints to better withstand the stresses of running leaps on rough ground.

Heavy Metal Spike
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#35 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

tay666 wrote:Honest Trailer for this just dropped.
And it's a good one :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saTFPCuQfvw
LOLS - :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#36 Post by Buc Wheat »

Caught it on HBO Saturday night! Enjoyed it!

(it wasn't til the after credit scene that I realized WHY Kong was
so big. Look fwd to some G vs K action!!)

PROFESSOR JARROD
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#37 Post by PROFESSOR JARROD »

scuzzfink85 wrote:If they do King Kong Vs Godzilla they need redesign Godzilla
he's so fat. Richard Simmons where are you?. King Kong will beat him to pulp..
I can't say I have ever been a very big Godzilla fan no matter how he was designed, his body proportions are just too cartoonish and chubby like for me.
I think all previous versions of Godzilla need to be trashed and a totally new version of the creature needs to be developed, something different looking and more muscular and frightening looking that gets your adrenaline up when you watch him on screen rather than put you to sleep!!!
:btongue:
Rick