What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Idea for a Dr Who special

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

Idea for a Dr Who special

#1 Post by temperflash »

I've been binge watching my copies of the Saphire and Steel TV series. It came to me that there should be a Dr Who/S&S crossover while David mcCallum and Joanna Lumley are still around to do it justice.

They never resolved how S&S escaped from the trap set in the Diner drifting through space and time.
The Audio plays that took up the series later on only vaguely hinted at Silver having rescued them but with no details at all.

Lumley once played a female Dr Who in a comedy special, perhaps that jogged my memory when the new female Dr came along. A good opportunity for inside jokes.

The Dinner also reminded me of the one Clara ended up in after she got whacked. Perhaps the same diner.

Many of the actors from the Saphire and Steel series are still around. Plenty of opportunity for an imaginative writer to tie up loose ends and perhaps open the way for a reboot since its hinted that the Elementals can be resurrected in new forms.