What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Krypton

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

Krypton

#1 Post by timetraveler »

The new Sci-Fi Channel series "Krypton" wrapped up its first season last night. Within the limits of episodic television I believe it has made a significant achievement of pulling together great characters and concepts like Braniac, General Zod, Kandor and the Phantom Zone all within the context of a troubled and historically doomed planet. While Kal-El's evacuation to Earth has always taken center stage, and the destruction of Krypton relegated to mere brief prologue, perhaps this is where the real story has resided all along.

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Krypton

#2 Post by Buc Wheat »

Watched it as well. I was thinking it must be one of DC's infamous
"Alternative Worlds"... since they defeated Brainiac, that must mean Kandor
doesn't get ripped out, therefore no instability, therefore no big Krypton boom??!

and if General Zod is El's son... doesn't that make Superman and Zod nephew and
Uncle?

and after all is said and done... what exactly was Adam Strange's mission??!

I enjoyed the show.

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#3 Post by timetraveler »

Ok, I gotta admit it my head has been spinning a bit with all the relationship aspects of the storylines. That being said, I did some research and many of the ideas depicted about Kryptonian society have been introduced in the comics going back to the Eighties. The executive producer David S. Goyer, was a bonafide DC Superman comic writer starting in 1999 and is extremely well versed in the historical aspects of Krypton, so I respect his roots and vision for the project. I find the show fun to watch and an effective stimulus to delve into other sources of Krypton's lore.

A big budget "Last Days of Krypton" film would be a worthy addition to the DC cinematic universe.

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Buc Wheat »

"starting in 1999..." wow! lol

<sorry... keep forgetting about you millenials and how nothing
happens before 1999>

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by LOBOREX »

Thought it was okay, as to krypton and supermans history, origins it gets changed about every three or four years. Sometimes it's small cosmetic changes like costumes and tech sometimes big changes are made like lineage, characters introduced or omitted. They want to get new readers (kids) onboard so they have to change with the changing world .
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

#6 Post by timetraveler »

Buc,

If you're referring to me as a "Millenial", thanks for the compliment. What's next, having my ID checked at the bar. Not likely, but hey, I'll take it. :wink:

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by Buc Wheat »

Ta.

<Shirley Temple for one!>