What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

#21 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Otto69 wrote: . . . There was no stuntman operating at or above Bruce Lee's level. If there was, particularly back in those days, he's the one who would have been famous, not Bruce Lee . . .
Have you seen the movie yet Robert? - as I think you've missed the point (easily done if you haven't seen it) :arrow:
    • Heavy Metal Spike wrote: . . . telling a fictional story with elements of fact & history (some tweaked more than others) . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Otto69
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#22 Post by Otto69 »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:
Otto69 wrote: . . . There was no stuntman operating at or above Bruce Lee's level. If there was, particularly back in those days, he's the one who would have been famous, not Bruce Lee . . .
Have you seen the movie yet Robert? - as I think you've missed the point (easily done if you haven't seen it) :arrow:
    • Heavy Metal Spike wrote: . . . telling a fictional story with elements of fact & history (some tweaked more than others) . . .

Sigh. Well I could do a fictional movie where the Martin Luther King was actually a klansman trying to whip up sentiment so he could then gets his buddies to rise up and clamp down on blacks, but who is then actually killed by a white supremacist who doesn't KNOW he's an undercover klansman and then the dead guy is buried and becomes a hero of the anti-racist movement... Hmm...waitaminute...I wonder if Tarantino buys scripts....
Keep America Strong, Watch More Horror Movies!

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#23 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Changing subjects ... I am sure that it has escaped no one's attention that, well, Tarantino is one BUTT-UGLY MF.

I'm not sure what that means ... but ... he and Ron Jeremy are proof positive that being UBER-UGLY is no barrier to success in one's chosen field, given enough will-power .... and other things ... its really late and I must go to bed now ....

:rolf:
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#24 Post by resin addict »

bucketfoot-al wrote:Changing subjects ... I am sure that it has escaped no one's attention that, well, Tarantino is one BUTT-UGLY MF.

I'm not sure what that means ... but ... he and Ron Jeremy are proof positive that being UBER-UGLY is no barrier to success in one's chosen field, given enough will-power .... and other things ... its really late and I must go to bed now ....

What does his personal appearance have to do with his directing ability?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#25 Post by resin addict »

Otto69 wrote:
Heavy Metal Spike wrote:

Sigh. Well I could do a fictional movie where the Martin Luther King was actually a klansman trying to whip up sentiment so he could then gets his buddies to rise up and clamp down on blacks, but who is then actually killed by a white supremacist who doesn't KNOW he's an undercover klansman and then the dead guy is buried and becomes a hero of the anti-racist movement... Hmm...waitaminute...I wonder if Tarantino buys scripts....
sigh...I noticed you either forgot to or chose not to answer the question, so I'll ask it again...
"Have you seen the movie yet?"
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Scott M
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#26 Post by Scott M »

“Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood Used Over 2,000 Vintage Cars”

https://automobilefanatics.com/quentin- ... medium=cpc

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#27 Post by bucketfoot-al »

resin addict wrote:
bucketfoot-al wrote:Changing subjects ... I am sure that it has escaped no one's attention that, well, Tarantino is one BUTT-UGLY MF.

What does his personal appearance have to do with his directing ability?
(I know that Jim Croce sang that "you don't tug on Superman's cape" ... so I'm likely to regret this) .. but ... here goes:

It was a playful joke. :wink: Would have thought the reference to the second ... umm ... 'gentleman' above would have made that clear. You know. Humor.
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Scott M
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#28 Post by Scott M »

Every Song in "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"

https://screenrant.com/once-upon-time-h ... ack-songs/

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#29 Post by derekc62 »

I finally managed to get to the theatre to see Once Upon a Time... and was not disappointed at all.
I'd avoided this thread before seeing the movie so it's interesting to read some of the comments now.
Clearly an homage to Hollywood - film and TV - made by a director/writer who loves the industry.
But also a very good commentary on how Hollywood will use people like a disposable commodity.
As for the controversies surrounding some of the scenes and whether Tarantino was playing with the facts - well of course he was. It's a fantasy film for crying out loud just like Inglorious Basterds. We should know it's a fairly tale right away. The title is literally Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood.
But it's a fantasy based in reality and for anyone who's seen the film the ending is totally satisfying, especially considering how utterly horrifying reality was.
Derek Conlon

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#30 Post by Buc Wheat »

Like Derek, just watched this last night and just now finished reading
all the comments... (yeah, most of ya need to chill a tad).

As the film progressed, I was really dreading how the end might be and kept
thinking, "Man, don't really want to see that!"

So loved the actual ending very much! :)

Although Kill Bill is still my favorite QT movie, this one ranks up 2nd! Was a great
trip back in time and not sure folks of my sons age or younger will really appreciate
how great this truly was! Hell, the cars & music alone!! :)

Great job, QT! Thanks for the ride!