What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

George Lucas Rise Of Skywalker

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

George Lucas Rise Of Skywalker

#1 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Here's Georges critique of new movie http://youtu.be/_MuxVqB3I7E.
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

motherhen
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Re: George Lucas Rise Of Skywalker

#2 Post by motherhen »

What did I just watch?!
It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.

I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by scuzzfink85 »

It's called a deepfake I thought it was real.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

R.T 2021

motherhen
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#4 Post by motherhen »

I thought it made more sense if it was real..........
It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.

I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Otto69
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#5 Post by Otto69 »

That was funny :)
Keep America Strong, Watch More Horror Movies!

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#6 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Yeah, it feels like the real george would say these things
never would.. hired an actor put his words in his mouth..
And presto.. It's true what he said.. Disney destroys everything they touch.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

R.T 2021

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#7 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

My fave comment :arrow: "This video will be far more entertaining than the movie it is mocking".

Superb.

Thanks for the link Scuzz - appreciate it! :thumb2:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Zeiram
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#8 Post by Zeiram »

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#9 Post by scuzzfink85 »

I wish they would show this before the movie starts .. that would be so precious ...
laughing.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

R.T 2021

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#10 Post by scuzzfink85 »

L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

R.T 2021

Heavy Metal Spike

#11 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Free tickets, we all walked out after 10 minutes - it was THAT bad. Even the score (John Williams FLS!) was totally mismatched to what was going on.

Great food & drink down the road though.

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#12 Post by bucketfoot-al »

I am so glad I didn't watch the last movie - and won't be seeing this one either.

But I do have to say that the "prequel" of a few years back (the one where everyone dies at the end and Peter Cushing is re-created in CGI) was very, VERY good and true to the original storylines....
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Heavy Metal Spike

#13 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

bucketfoot-al wrote: . . . But I do have to say that the "prequel" of a few years back (the one where everyone dies at the end and Peter Cushing is re-created in CGI) was very, VERY good and true to the original storylines....

100% agree Vlad - that'd be "Rogue One".

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#14 Post by tay666 »

Yes. I really enjoyed Rogue One.
Haven't seen any of the others though.
Saw 7 in the theater and thought it was good enough. A decent way to start things back up.
But still haven't caught 8 or the Solo movie.
Just not really that interested.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Heavy Metal Spike

#15 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

tay666 wrote:Yes. I really enjoyed Rogue One.
Haven't seen any of the others though.
Saw 7 in the theater and thought it was good enough. A decent way to start things back up.
But still haven't caught 8 or the Solo movie.
Just not really that interested.
Solo is the only one I'd recommend (besides Rogue One). Avoid 8 & 9 like the plague.

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#16 Post by AntMan »

Sooooooo, I'm kind of arriving late to this party, but I figured I'd chime in anyway, sharing my opinion and thoughts on The Rise of Skywalker, (along with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi as well).

I really disliked The Rise of Skywalker! Actually, looking back on all three of Disney's renditions of the Star Wars Movie line, I feel that it was just a cash-grab on their part.

Although I DID appreciate some of the action scenes, along with expanding our knowledge of the Star Wars Universe by introducing us to new characters and new locations, the overall plot of all three movies just seemed to be lacking in creativity, (along with having numerous logical flaws).

The Force Awakens was almost a total remake, revamping A New Hope, along with Rise of Skywalker being a reboot of Return of the Jedi. (I mean, if you closely look at both sets of titles, they are very similar). Yeah, there were some additional things thrown into The Force Awakens along with Rise of Skywalker, to try to change the monotony around a bit. However, the plots of both were "surprisingly and strikingly similar" to their two predecessors.

Then, you throw in that Hoth world battle scene from the beginning of The Empire Strikes, with it being added to The Force Awakens, (Another ice world, huh? Ok, so at least they decided to move it to the end of the movie instead, along with changing the vehicles around a tad bit).

In addition, you have a number of over-and-over-and-overly-done scenes where a rescue mission needs to be made to rescue Rey, Chewbacca (and even Poe, originally).

You also have several "new" variations of the Empire's - (oops, sorry - The First Order's) Planet Destroyers. – (Actually, my bad - that last one may still have legitimately been The Empire's, since it was the long-thought deceased Emperor Palpatine who was responsible for the fleet).

You can even throw in the parallels of Luke trying to save his father from the Dark Side (and succeeding) along with Rey ultimately pulling Kylo Ren out of the Dark Side when she healed him.

And REALLY!? ANOTHER FINAL BATTLE SCENE WITH THE EMPEROR? (This one is REALLY the final one! He's really dead now)!

All-in-all I just couldn't stop getting a sense of Deja vu (over and over and over and over again) when viewing all three movies.

Disney just succeeded in replacing the old heroes with new, younger ones, (killing off the old-guard in the process).

I understand that these are just "What-if, Fantasy" movies on one level, designed to allow viewers an escape, for a couple of hours, from reality, but I was just struck with too many "REALLY!?" moments while viewing them.

One of my MAJOR disconnects with these movies (from the beginning) is that ok, after the end of The Return of the Jedi, the Rebel Alliance Force has now defeated the Emperor and the Galactic Empire, (right)? There is now a SERIOUS VOID in the Universe, both Politically and Militarily, (right)? You NOW have a chance to re-establish the original Senate, (or something similar), along with taking back control of the Galactic Empire's military force, (or at least attempt to do so, if not trying to establish your own - now legitimate military force), RIGHT???

So what do you do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

You let the status quo remain, leaving the Galactic Empire's military force unchanged, (allowing some other, new despot to take control of the Empire's military forces). No, you're satisfied remaining a small, weak rebel force.

I've probably been spoiled (jaded?) with some of those Star Wars novels which were written wayyyy back after Lucas decided that he was through.

The Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy did a really good job focusing on and dealing with the aftermath of the events following Return of the Jedi, (again both politically and militarily), in a logical fashion.

Also, they dealt with Han, Lea and Luke in soooo much more a nicer way than their movie versions ended up being. I mean, REALLY!" Luke never gets a woman??? He doesn't find love or happiness in his post Return of the Jedi days? Doesn't he deserve a small, sliver of happiness, (after giving up a hand, and almost his life, multiple times to save the Universe)? Soooo, I'm led to believe that he just becomes an old, grouchy hermit of a man?

And Lea and Han get together, have a son who goes astray. Han leaves to go back to his former smuggling life, only to be ultimately killed by said son???

No, I think I'll continued to keep that previously established Star Wars future (which was written in novels) as my dogma, and will view Disney's version as just a bad dream, an aberration, (thank you very much).
Last edited by AntMan on February 9th, 2020, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#17 Post by bucketfoot-al »

AntMan - "Rogue One" is the last Star Wars film I saw (I saw the first 'reboot' where Han gets killed, went "Oy Vey!" at the re-hash of the original plot, and swore off the rest of the Disney Star Wars Dreck). "Rogue" was excellent, but your review confirmed the scuttlebutt that I had heard about "The Rise of Skywalker". I will never see it.

That, plus the fact that, in real life, I don't care much for Mark Hamill. He has soured 1/2 of his potential fan base with his inane prattling about politics.

Secondly, he couldn't even get in shape for his 'big comeback'. Even the late Carrie Fisher worked hard to 'be presentable' for the last series of films. Hamill looks like he didn't even try. Today's matinee idol he's NOT.

Picture this : Disney comes to you (after 30 year of you scraping by), offers you $30M (or whatever) to reprise the only meaningful role you ever had and your reaction is - "HOT DOG!!! SIX MORE PLATES OF PASTA PLEASE!!!!!" What little regard for your FANS, much less yourself!

WILLIAM SHATNER IS A BETTER ACTOR.

I'm OUT.

*Gratuitous Verbosity Edited Out* :wink:
Last edited by bucketfoot-al on February 9th, 2020, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#18 Post by AntMan »

bucketfoot-al wrote:.....That, plus the fact that, in real life, Mark Hamill is - well, where do I begin - let's go from "A on down"

A. FAT.

B. A complete Moron who alienated 1/2 of his potential fan base with his inane prattling about politics. Yeah, sure, Mark - like anyone in the REAL WORLD is going to be swayed by what a third-rate actor (who had one HUGE lucky break) thinks about ANYTHING outside the 'Star Wars Universe'!!!!

C. FAT TURD. (More on this in a minute).

D. FAT, OUT OF SHAPE POS.

OK. By now some of you are wondering about why #s A, C, D are getting my goat. Well, I'll tell you. First off - it shows how little self-control or self-respect this turd has for himself. He's pretty much had it easy the past 40 years (unless he spends his days at the track). He could have taken better care of himself. Matinee idol he's NOT.

And - Picture this : Disney comes to you (after 30 year of you scraping by), offers you $30M (or whatever) to reprise the only meaningful role you ever had and your reaction is - "HOT DOG!!! SIX MORE PLATES OF PASTA PLEASE!!!!!" What little regard for your FANS, much less yourself!

What a dirtbag.

WILLIAM SHATNER IS A BETTER ACTOR.

I'm OUT........
:D

Soooooo, "bucketfoot-al"

How do you REALLY feel about Mark Hammil???
C'Mon, give the guy a break, (at least a little one)...

He DID, in fact also voice the Joker character in the Batman Animated series. :wink:

(And after-all, they didn't care what he looked like, since he was doing voice-acting).
:lol:
-Tony

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#19 Post by AntMan »

With respect to Rogue One, (along with Solo), I HATED both as well, (for differing reasons).

For Rogue One, although I used to like war movies, I now don't really prefer them. - (Just my personal preference).
Rogue One is DEFINITELY a war movie!

Secondly, if you're going to give me a fresh, new Star Wars movie, PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING ORIGINAL,
plot wise. (Rogue One was just a pre-quill filler for A New Hope, filling in the blanks with additional details).

The MAIN reason I disliked Rogue One is that even with War Movies, someone on the good side lives! (Heck, look at Saving Private Ryan). He DID survive the war, to be sent home.

With Rogue One, (we're literally down to the final minutes of the movie, pretty much all of the other "good-guy" characters have been killed, and we just have the last two remaining. (I'm saying to myself "Please just let them live, please just let them live, please just let them live"). And what happens? THEY ARE KILLED!!!! :2guns:

Concerning Solo, I just think that they made his past waaay too dark, and dismal.
-Tony

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#20 Post by bucketfoot-al »

AntMan wrote:
Soooooo, "bucketfoot-al"

How do you REALLY feel about Mark Hammil???
C'Mon, give the guy a break, (at least a little one)...

He DID, in fact also voice the Joker character in the Batman Animated series. :wink:

(And after-all, they didn't care what he looked like, since he was doing voice-acting).
:lol:
I was a little "on edge" this morning. Had to blow off some steam. Been a loooong week working 9AM-1130PM! When you'd like to tell a client to go "F*** O**, but for business reasons, you can't - you have to channel that frustration somewhere!!! :lol: )

I was actually gonna "trim" some of the verbosity from my post, but - hey, my luck, you quoted it in your post already! :rolf:

I'll keep my memories of the original 3 movies intact. As for "Skywalker", he's indeed turned "towards the dark side", but - hey - that's his business, not mine. Just wish he would keep it to himself. :lol:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett