What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Wanda Vision

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Wanda Vision

#1 Post by Buc Wheat »

Wasn't there a thread on this already? Can't find it.

Anyways, finally saw it once all the eps were on there, and have to
say my 'old man - get-off-my-lawn' side showed up, cuz I thought this
series was 'Meh'!

- if you were ask me, "what are Scarlett Witch's superpower?" prior to
this, I'd have probably said, '...huh... She thrusts her hands out and zaps you
with some sort of hex power blasts'... based on my 60's upbringing in the Marvel/Avengers
universe.

So when I see she has this power to bend reality, I'm like 'where did this
Mysterio/Dr Strange power come from?!"

In the end I just chock it up to you millennials and your re-written Marvel Universe of
the 21st century. Pat you on the head and go back to my early issues in bliss. :)

I did like the chick from the Thor movies showing up, but had no idea who the Power Girl
gal was. And 'My' Agatha Harkness is a really, really old lady who raises Reed's kid... but yeah...

Overall thought the story was slow paced, and drawn out (could'a been done in 3 episodes).

Other reviews I've read kinda tell me I'm in the minority, though! :)

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Wanda Vision

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote: . . . Overall thought the story was slow paced, and drawn out (could'a been done in 3 episodes) . . .
Everyone I've talked to felt the same.

Buc Wheat wrote: . . . Other reviews I've read kinda tell me I'm in the minority, though! :)
Nah - you just mix in polite circles and you're not "access media" or a shill :)

As I posted before the thread nuke, I'd decided not to bother with any more after watching the 1st 2 because they dragged so much, but a couple of YouTube folks who's opinions I trust said it got better. So I dived back in, and E03, E04 & E05 got better with each episode.

I then stopped watching due to Disney/Lucasfilm's disgusting behaviour, but was told by everyone mentioning it that I hadn't missed anything (I mean - not Batwoman-bad, but not really worth bothering with).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Buc Wheat »

You actually watched Batwoman??! Really? (not judging... laughing alot... but not judging) (honest!)

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#4 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:You actually watched Batwoman??! Really? (not judging... laughing alot... but not judging) (honest!)
LMAO - hell no! :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: - but there are multiple entertaining YouTube types that have "reviewed" the thing.

Az of "heelvsbabyface" is one such limey git.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#5 Post by Todd P. »

I've been sharing Marvel movies with my kids for about a decade, so I had to stream WandaVision after my oldest asked me to watch it. Which is a stretch for me because I hate streaming, mostly because I do it on a tablet that is inconvenient to hold at the right angle, and I can't stop myself from checking email, the Clubhouse and more while I have the Internet handy anyway.

Anyhoo, there's no way around the fact that I would have abandoned the show halfway through the first episode if I hadn't been encouraged to keep going. So I made it though it all, and found it OK.

My basic takeaways are that I like this version of the Scarlet Witch just fine, although she's too powerful for my taste. The Vision is great. As a couple, they work well together.

The story was just so-so. Wanda's actions were so villainous that I couldn't cheer for her, so I just set aside my brain and tried to go with it. Didn't much care for this version of Agatha Harkness, although the actress was good in the role.

Agent Rambeau was a decent character but I don't give the slightest hoot about what happens to her after this. But I resist all involvement with Marvel's version of Captain Marvel. For me, Captain Marvel is a guy in a red suit with a yellow lightning bolt.

Don't understand the point of bringing in the new version of Quicksilver except as some kind of distraction that I didn't care for.

Will be interested in seeing what's coming with the White Vision. Wouldn't much care about what's next for Wanda except that Sam Raimi is directing the next Dr. Strange movie and she's in it.

DNA
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#6 Post by DNA »

Enjoyed the series and I agree the series could have been shorter. The Bladerunner reference in the finale was cool in the 1st end credits. I thought Dr Strange was going to show up at the 2nd end credits.