What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

lastest Ant Man movie

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

lastest Ant Man movie

#1 Post by Buc Wheat »

Son put a digital copy up on his Vudu page and got to watch it last night.

Meh! Basically the villain characters are in the 'who cares' dept. Moduk?! Really...and
you just paste the 1st films face on him? Ah, no.

Kang. I actually don't recall reading any Kang issues, although familiar with the character
and his costume. But portraying him like some Thanos or Galactus type dude made me
laugh and not take him that serious.

As for the negative zone. Whoa...now it's all populated with humans and cities!!??! When
back in the earlier movies it was all desolate and empty?! Sure, ok.

Guess since Antman is another character I never really cared about (much like Moonknight),
I'll just say it was maybe a 1 1/2 stars.

Buc

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: lastest Ant Man movie

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=120242&p=1453280#p1453280

[list][quote="Heavy Metal Spike"]I watched 2014's "Winter Soldier" (probably for the 4th or 5th time) over the weekend to remind myself how good these movies used to be in the "Marvel Studios" glory days.

[list][list][list]It didn't disappoint.[/list][/list][/list]

I can't say the same for the latest "Ant-Man" movie, which was very pretty, and had some clever ideas & designs in it, but was yet another example of flashy special effects replacing writing. It wasn't AWFUL, but it did waste most of the talented cast through bad writing and/or direction.

As has become the norm for these now, it will be a LONG time (if ever) before I watch it again.

Given how much CGI etc. costs, I TRULY do not understand why more money is not spent on giving us decent scripts Image[/quote][/list]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

Re: lastest Ant Man movie

#3 Post by Glusniffer »

I have to agree on this. The 1st two are among my faves in the MCU but this one really screwed the pooch! Kang I could deal with but I was really looking forward to MODOK and couldn't be more disappointed. And the sub atomic realm ....... ?
Damn! :?
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......