What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Midnight Mass (Netflix)

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

Midnight Mass (Netflix)

#1 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I have always been a Mike Flanagan fan so I was looking forward to this. I was not disappointed.
Some things I saw coming a mile away but I liked it just the same. It's not an action packed or jump scare kinda show but I really liked it.
Having only seen Hamish Linklater in Battleship (you have to watch crap to know what's good is what I tell myself) and The New Adventures Of Old Christine I thought he was so good in this, I'll be upset if he doesn't get some kind of award for this.
Check it out, 7 episodes, low key and enjoyable.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Midnight Mass (Netflix)

#2 Post by Buc Wheat »

Have one more ep to go and enjoying it. Couple questions though...

spoilers...

1. if you had to drink the communal wine inorder to get the vampie's blood in your system,
so that you could die and come back to life, how did the Sheriff's son get it? Cuz you know
they wouldn't have allowed him to take part in communion.

2. When the priest comes into his house and convulses and dies in front of the mayor and
his wife and the others, what killed him? I mean, what caused his death? There was a scene
just prior to that that showed his church lady putting the rat poison back on the upper shelf.
Did she poison him?! If not, what or who did she use the rat poison against the second time?

Looking fwd to see how this ends. 1/2 thru I was thinking that Riley would be the one killing
the bat creature and maybe the priest, but that went up in flames (pun, pun)

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#3 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I think you guessed right for #2.
As for one I think Bev gave it to him to spite his father.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Buc Wheat »

Watched the last ep last night. Liked how it wrapped up... but...

spoiler:

did the bat make it the 300 miles??! I gotta know!!