What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Squid Game on Netflix

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Squid Game on Netflix

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Surprised to discover there isn't already a thread for this.

I held back on starting to watch this until a bit of the furor died down (apparently it was originally made available Sep 17th 2021).

I'm watching the RAW version (NOT dubbed) with English subtitles (watching "The Host" 15 years back taught me that was the way to go).

Acting is amazing, script is original & (at times) shocking . . . although, like anything, "exposure" tends to lessen the blow (a bit) as time goes on.

I'm half-way though S01E04 and felt the urge to see if anyone had posted here - they hadn't - so I am :)

Very VERY clever so far, and they keep adding something fresh with each episode. Character backstories and character building are also well done. Hope the excellence continues to the end (9 episodes in total for season 1).

• (* EDIT - Damn this is brutal - just got to the end of E04 - what a way to end an episode - thank goodness we can binge-watch! *)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Ant
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: Squid Game on Netflix

#2 Post by Ant »

Just finished it last night!

Man people work fast! https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models?keywords=squid+game

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Ant wrote:Just finished it last night! . . .
Well I was a couple of nights behinds you - VERY addictive - and continued to be clever right up to (and including) the very end scene.

Also continued to be shocking . . . there were quite a few times I found myself wide-eyed and covering my mouth in shock and/or shouting "No!" :shock:

I'd strongly suggest folks do what I did, and avoid ANY temptation to look things up - it's way better going in cold.

Another winner for Netflix, and something every participant (regardless of role/job) will be able to PROUDLY list on their resume.

Wow.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#4 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I wasn't going to bother but I didn't understand the memes I kept seeing for it. I did not regret my choice.
I really enjoyed it, and as the Spikeman said you need to go in fresh.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders