What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

#21 Post by Buc Wheat »

I didn't like ep2 as much. Thought she should have stood her ground on
alot of the comprising stuff. Like, does she have to be hulk during in office
working hours?? Sure, you want her in form at court, but...

also thought it was too humorous. (that make sense).

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#22 Post by belrog999 »

I don't believe the hacks at Disney have ever read a Marvel comic book or watched the original Star Wars. The inept writers and directors are destroying both franchises. "Hey, guys, we own the rights to all this cool stuff, so let's pump out some utter crap and rake in the bucks!"
Just my 2cents
belrog

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#23 Post by derekc62 »

belrog999 wrote:I don't believe the hacks at Disney have ever read a Marvel comic book or watched the original Star Wars. The inept writers and directors are destroying both franchises.
Just my 2cents

Could not disagree more..

Thought the Mandalorian and Obi Wan were excellent. Clearly (to me) Favreau and Filoni have a wonderful appreciation and understanding of that universe.

And with Feige and Favreau at the helm Marvel has told compelling stories and have attracted excellent directors to those projects.

The box office and ratings speak for themselves. If the fanboys of comicdom (and I used to be one) were that upset we'd hear about it at Comic-Con..

If we're going to compare apples to apples no one can convince me that any DC, Dark Horse, Kitchen Sink, Eclipse, Vertigo or other project can hold a candle to what Disney and Marvel have done with their properties.
Derek Conlon

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#24 Post by belrog999 »

Agree to disagree
belrog

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#25 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

belrog999 wrote:Agree to disagree
I agree with both of you (well - bits anyways).

We is nice peoplesies - I love this place :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Heavy Metal Spike

#26 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E03 - "The People vs. Emil Blonsky"

Absolutely effin’ BRILLIANT !!!!!!! Image

We can all have trials (no pun intended) in our lives - things that stress us out for various reasons - and to have a show like this that makes you smile ear-to-ear with enjoyment at the end of a challenging day is an absolute treat.

This is SO clever . . . little hints dropped here and there, extra bits shared via the artwork at the end, subtle touches like Nikki having to run to keep up with She-Hulk and Abomination carefully placing his shoes on the floor, the mocking of social media, toxic fans, and news organisations/presenters (I almost hugged my monitor at that point!), the embarrassingly idiotic male lawyer . . . and to top it all, the humour is off the charts funny – beautifully appropriate and timed so well.

Almost everything about this was perfect. I didn’t like their versions of the Wrecking Crew (too young, too pretty, too skinny, with Christmas lights for weapons) – and I want to take Disney-Marvel to court (OK – that pun was intentional) for falsely representing MTS’s racket as “music” in the end credits.

But - basically - this is genius - pure . . . unadulterated . . . genius. I haven’t enjoyed a show this much since Peacemaker Image Image Image

• (* but I STILL wish the episodes were longer :) *)

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#27 Post by Buc Wheat »

wait a sec... i thought a new episode didn't come out til Fridays?! How'd you
see this yesterday?!?!!

Heavy Metal Spike

#28 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:wait a sec... i thought a new episode didn't come out til Fridays?! How'd you see this yesterday?!?!!
Ah - there you have it - multiple answers to this one . . . make sure to select the one that is MOST correct:
  • 1) I finally fixed the wibble sprocket on my time machine.
    2) Disney-Marvel are such fans of mine, I get early previews.
    3) They were originally going to be released on Fridays, but switched to Thursdays a couple of weeks before E01.
    4) You are getting more-and-more confused as you get older.

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#29 Post by Buc Wheat »

obviously 4! Watched it last night and enjoyed it!

Heavy Metal Spike

#30 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:obviously 4! Watched it last night and enjoyed it!
      • :D :thumb2:

Heavy Metal Spike

#31 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E04 - "Is This Not Real Magic?"

And yet ANOTHER SUPERB episode. It's just SO on the ball for capturing that "current day" zeitgeist (yeah - I'm gonna have to wash THAT out of my mouth too!) - but via a superhero setting.

The speed-dating (there was LOLS at the "I'm not proud of this" statement) + showing Wong in a comedic yet serious setting + the ditsy drunk lass . . . LOVING THIS!

The writers are doing an amazing job, and I'll say it again - EASILY the best thing to come out of Disney-Marvel TV EVER, and out of Disney-Marvel PERIOD for years.

Maslany is simply amazing - so much so I felt pleased for her when we reached the "Belinda Carlisle" moment, and sad immediately afterwards.

And I think I'm developing a crush on She-Hulk! - darn is she cute! :oops:

Heavy Metal Spike

#32 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E05 - "Mean, Green, and Straight Poured into These Jeans"

As I've said before - this show RULES !!!!!! Image Image Image Image

I laughed my ass off several times during this weeks episode . . . the writers and cast are absolutely perfect and are doing a great job.

Once again with the logo change - "She-Hulk - by Titania" , the "Avongers / Avingers" knock-offs, Maslany's facial expressions - uncomfortable / accepting / exasperated - OMG! :rollin: (I can't think of anyone that would be better suited to the role) - there was tons to enjoy in this one :D (* and that "Todd" guy STILL reminds me of Elon Musk! *)

It's not just the "4th wall" stuff that takes me back to the first time I saw the 1st Deadpool movie, it's the general irreverence and not taking itself too seriously. It's a ray of light and cheerfulness in a world that all too often is negative & spiteful.

This is a gem of a show that will always be remembered fondly, and will be respected for years to come, even if there are some folks (the usual suspects) that are determined to run it down at every available opportunity.

It's just SO well done . . . (but I still wish the episodes were longer :lol: ).

Heavy Metal Spike

#33 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E06 - "Just Jen"
S01E07 - "The Retreat"

So - didn't post regarding E06, because although I liked it, it was my least fave of the series so far. There was still plenty to like :arrow: the jealousy from the bride-to-be, most of the court case, drunk Jen, the fight . . . like I said - still good, but the weakest so far.

However, E07 gives us a new winner in the 2022 "what a friggin' letdown!" awards . . . it had almost NO redeeming features.

The "Jen romancing" bit (and the aftermath with the cellphone checking) was funny, but it went steadily downhill. Things got taken too far with Blonsky, and from 10mins in, things got steadily worse and worse. Indeed, there were parts of this that were SO cringe that I was genuinely embarrassed for the actors, as the quality dialogue, characterisations, and humour that makes me love this so much was shut out completely.

I could previously (to a degree) understand the comparisons with "Ally McBeal" and "Sex and the City" . . . I used to watch the former - NEVER watched the latter - but saw clips (* hey - I think Kim Cattrall is cute - sue me! *) . . . but this most recent episode pushed the WORST similarities right into the spotlight.

Sooooooo - I checked the directors & writers for all episodes so far and came up with a suggestion . . . don't let Zeb Wells (writer of E07) or (to a MUCH lesser degree) Anu Valia (director of E05/6/7) anywhere near another episode (thank Lemmy that the final 2 episodes are different writers and are back to Kat Coiro directing!)

Really disappointed with E07 Image . . . so let's hope the last 2 episodes of this season get us back on track.

Heavy Metal Spike

#34 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E08 - "Ribbit and Rip It"

A decent writer/script once again (thank-goodness) . . . net result . . . this was the best episode yet !!!! Image Image Image

The one-liners and the resulting loud laughs came "fast and furious" :D
    • “Wait – do you pretend to be a blind man? – because that’s really problematic.”
      “It’s very daring to use ketchup & mustard as your colour scheme.”
      “She-Hulk smash!” . . . (with a wry smile) after the corridor entrance.
      “It’s sad that you thought that would work.”
Loved the sexual chemistry between Matt & Jennifer (with the added 4th wall breaking), and Jen struggling with Matt's suit :rolf:

A perfect episode Image

Heavy Metal Spike

#35 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E09 - "Whose Show Is This?"

I was SO looking forward to this that I stayed up to watch as soon as it was available for streaming - I was NOT disappointed Image

Blimmin' brilliant! (AKA "awesome" for you North American types) Image Image Image Image Image Image

Once again with the multiple laugh-out-loud moments . . . and a great mixture of DAMN clever + funny + risqué + inventive . . . and going further down the 4th-wall route than anything I've ever seen before. Lots of twists & turns, and a beautiful way to finish the season AND expand on characters already introduced, while adding a new one (along with all that implied!)

Just loved it Image

I've also realised that besides being TOTALLY charmed by Tatiana Maslany (who could not POSSIBLY have been better cast), and thinking She-Hulk is hot, her sidekick (played by Ginger Gonzaga) is cute as a button too . . . I think it's the patterned pantyhose on those legs of hers - maybe a psychological connection to the fishnets on the aliens from my fave franchise? Image

Aside from that god-awful E07, I think everyone involved with this can rightfully be very VERY proud of what they have achieved/delivered.

Can't wait for the next season Image Image Image Image Image Image

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#36 Post by Buc Wheat »

hmmmm... gotta say, thought that final ep sucked.

Heavy Metal Spike

#37 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:hmmmm... gotta say, thought that final ep sucked.
That's OK - each to their own.
      • (* and you can't be right all the time :wink: :twisted: *)

What did you think of the series overall?

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#38 Post by Buc Wheat »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:
Buc Wheat wrote:hmmmm... gotta say, thought that final ep sucked.
That's OK - each to their own.
      • (* and you can't be right all the time :wink: :twisted: *)
LMAO!

What did you think of the series overall?
Not being a big Hulk fan growing up... (oh look, he gets angry and smashes... next isssue: oh look,
he gets mad...oh and smashes!) I went into this w/, I admit, a 'meh' attitude and it didn't disappoint.
It was a 'meh' series. The humor didn't work. Breaking the 4th wall was a Deadpool ripoff and Ryan
does it better.

But Hey! It was better than Moonknight, Werewolf at Night and Boba Fett at least! So glass half full for ya!

Heavy Metal Spike

#39 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote: . . . But Hey! It was better than Moonknight, Werewolf at Night and Boba Fett at least! So glass half full for ya!

There we go - always a silver lining my friend :)

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#40 Post by Misellus »

Buc Wheat wrote:Breaking the 4th wall was a Deadpool ripoff and Ryan
does it better.
Except where She-Hulk was doing it years before Deadpool was even created. She wasn't even first for Marvel Comics, Doctor Doom did it back in the 60s.

I thought this was better than Ms Marvel but worse than Moon Knight. I didn't watch Werewolf by Night.

m-
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt