What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Morbius

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

Morbius

#1 Post by Glusniffer »

Bear in mind I haven't seen it yet and I will wait for it at the Redbox. This is getting a ton of bad reviews and I expected no less. This is another Marvel movie that unless you were a fan of the comic character you'll be disappointed. Like the Eternals or Moon Knight or the Inhumans. But being a fan I look forward to it. Morbius 1st appeared in Spider-man issue 101 when Spidey drank a formula to rid him if his powers and he ended up with 4 extra arms! Throw in The Lizard and you had a cool Marvel romp! Again I don't see this being a blockbuster but I think I'll like it ....... :vampire:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 8QooeL.jpg
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

Heavy Metal Spike
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Morbius

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Other than a "Marvel Team-Up" issue with Spider-Man I've never read anything with him in it . . . but I gotta be honest - I enjoyed it . . . (to a degree) . . . but then I like monsterzies.

The script is terrible, with lots happening that will make you scratch your head in a "how many re-shoots did they do on this thing" kind of way, which (along with ABYSMAL editing and continuity issues) suggests SEVERE studio interference.

And there is tons of stuff that doesn't make sense and/or isn't explained and/or really insults your intelligence.

On the positive side, Jared Leto is AMAZING in it (the other "actors" - not so much), and the special effects & makeup for the main characters is very VERY impressive - EVERY time you see it used (that's what sold ME most).

So - not a classic by any means - but (treating it as a "B" movie) I WILL watch it again, which is more than can be said for "The Batman", and lots of other superhero movies released during the last 5 years (* cough . . . Aquaman . . . cough *)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Buc Wheat »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:.On the positive side, Jared Leto is AMAZING in it (the other "actors" - not so much), and the special effects & makeup for the main characters is very VERY impressive - EVERY time you see it used (that's what sold ME most).
My son put his digital version up on his Vudu stream and I watched it last night.

Agree... I liked Leto. Unfortunately it also starred that damn 'Big Head' Dr. Who, (who that show
pretty much made my dislike of him grow each episode) (but then, poor guy followed Tenet, so
that was a tough act to follow)

Didn't really like the wavy, lighty, effects they used way to much... sometimes it was, what?
Suppose to be his sonar, other times magic gravitational forces that allowed him to fly?!? Ok,
whatever.

And did the end credits make any sense whatsoever? What in this movie made him a villian?

Overall, better than Boba Fett! But, 'meh' :)

Glusniffer

#4 Post by Glusniffer »

Straight to red-box. I almost rented it today but I covered a 12 hour shift and didn't think I could give it my full attention. I'll check it out later. 8)

Glusniffer

#5 Post by Glusniffer »

Finally caught this on Netflix. About what I expected but not totally disappointed. Again, if your not a fan of the character you probably won't give it a look let alone a second one. I put this this in the same category as Ghost Rider, Dare-devil Iron Fist Luke Cage... and other obscure characters. But the post credit was waaay cool! Another fave bad guy! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEw2KeqMcao

Pretty "batty" 8)