What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Warner Bros. CANCELS Batgirl release

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Warner Bros. CANCELS Batgirl release

#1 Post by Todd P. »

The studio spent tens of millions of dollars on Batgirl and has no plans to release it, in any way. Sort of reminds me of what happened with Roger Corman's Fantastic Four except that in this case the studio seems to be trying to cut its already substantial losses.

I was interested in seeing Michael Keaton back in the Batman cowl, but not anymore. Batgirl didn't look like much to me and all I'm reading about The Flash is even worse.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Warner Bros. CANCELS Batgirl release

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Fun times for Warner Brothers - a toxic actress in Aquaman 2, a toxic actor in The Flash, and now they decide to step aside from releasing this for whatever reason.

There's gotta be a few hires - employees & contract staff - that are feeling a bit nervous. Heck - it's even affected the film/TV industry up here in Vancouver!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Not to mention the next movie Joker as musical with Lady Blah Blah...
I hope that gets cancled before they even start .
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#4 Post by Misellus »

Apparently the merger with Discovery resulted in a lot of cuts. The article I read said a total of $825 million in projects are done. The Supergirl spinoff from the Flash movie is also supposed to be on the list. Personally I'd like to see the Flash movie canceled. I've always hated the Flashpoint storyline and seeing it a fourth time won't improve my feelings.
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt

speed-1
Finger Painter

#5 Post by speed-1 »

I hope Batgirl leaks somehow. I did read about a sort of funeral showing at the studio. I can't believe that hasn't yet leaked yet. Just about every digital release leaks these days.

These execs must really be backstabbers and cutthroat to take what some are saying is a 90 million loss and at the same time lock down the film.

I think they need The Flash movie to reset the mess of these WB movies. Which is why they are hesitant to cancel that one. Besides the teaser did look good. But let's face it, the DC movies are just a big mess. They kind of got lucky with Man of Steel. But the elements of the coming disaster were in that movie as well.

Krel
Finger Painter

#6 Post by Krel »

Todd P. wrote:The studio spent tens of millions of dollars on Batgirl and has no plans to release it, in any way. Sort of reminds me of what happened with Roger Corman's Fantastic Four except that in this case the studio seems to be trying to cut its already substantial losses.
Roger Corman said that they never intended to release his F4 movie. He was hired to film the F4 because the studio needed to have something in the can, or loose the rights to the property. He wasn't pleased that it was not going to get a theatrical release.

David.

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#7 Post by derekc62 »

Krel wrote:
Todd P. wrote:The studio spent tens of millions of dollars on Batgirl and has no plans to release it, in any way. Sort of reminds me of what happened with Roger Corman's Fantastic Four except that in this case the studio seems to be trying to cut its already substantial losses.
Roger Corman said that they never intended to release his F4 movie. He was hired to film the F4 because the studio needed to have something in the can, or loose the rights to the property. He wasn't pleased that it was not going to get a theatrical release.

David.

FYI, here's a link to the full doc on the making of the FF - Doomed: the untold story..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhmBdqzuJI
Derek Conlon