What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Cradle of Filth

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Cradle of Filth

#1 Post by belrog999 »

A friend told me of a band who did a tribute to H.P. Lovecraft called Cradle of Filth. Anyone ever hear of them?
Steve
belrog

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Cradle of Filth

#2 Post by LOBOREX »

I think you might mean Lovecraft & Witch Hearts it's a compilation album. They have done albums with ingrid pitt & doug bradley doing narrations meridian & blood countess. Personally i think they are the kiss of goth boys. Started out hardcore then turn to more overproduce mainstream oh aren't we bad boys kind of stuff. Know this much because my best bud looovvees them. :alcoholic:
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

zibbazabba
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#3 Post by zibbazabba »

I've heard of and heard Cradle of Filth. If you want a sample of there music look on Youtube for the video "Cradle to Enslave". I don't like them at all, just know them from my nephew. Could be considered pretty offensive death metal.

Ade
Glue Sniffer

#4 Post by Ade »

Actually the band is classified as Black Metal, they are from the UK and have been around for a very long time. They have done a few covers from various other bands, including Iron maiden etc.
Musically if you like heavy metal, and grind core or death metal, then most likely you will like Cradle of Filth. Its certainly not for everyone ! The singer, Danii Filth is a big hammer horror fan and has his own personal horror museum.
Best album to listen to is called Dusk and Her Embrace. Enjoy :D
Adrian.M

kitator
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#5 Post by kitator »

I love alot of Cradle Of Filth's music.Have not heard the last two albums though but do have all the other cd's.There are alot of them.
Thanks,Anthony
Some of my collection:
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/kitator/
email:
kitator360@yahoo.com

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#6 Post by belrog999 »

I started to listen to the album and had to stop about 10 minutes in. I guess it's just not my cup of tea. However, I do like the Scorpions! Thanks for all the input, folks!
Steve
belrog