What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Next concert on the calandar

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

Re: Next concert on the calandar

#481 Post by raydrz »

Scooke123 wrote:I saw Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, and Heart last Saturday night. Cheap Trick opened and did a good set - exactly what I expected from them. Joan Jett came on and tore the place up - she rocked hard her whole set. Only problem was she only got an hour. heart came on and was a major disappointment! Whoever was mixing their show did a poor job, Ann Wilson's vocals were drowned out to the point you couldn't understand what she was singing. When you come to see heart you are wanting to hear her vocals - that's what makes the band so great. Nancy Wilson's guitar playing was right on and she was great - The couple songs she sang you could actually hear her vocals better. The rest of the band was just average. They only played an hour and 10 minutes, didn't do many of their hits. They did a few off there new album which ate into more of the set time. I would have rather had Joan Jett be the headliner, at least you would have felt you got more of your money's worth. I under stand you were getting 3 fairly popular bands on 1 bill but The headliner should at least give you an hour and a half. Only good thing I am finally going to see Halestorm this coming Saturday!!!! Got pretty good seats - they are opening for Shinedown. Let you know how they did - I'm sure I won't be disappointed!
can't believe that rick's ego allowed them to be ANYTHING but the headliner!

how was bad co/walsh? sammy? THOSE are the shows i was sorry to miss this summer
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#482 Post by raydrz »

another tour i missed (4 shows near me :cussing: ) was HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES...anyone catch them? how was it?
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#483 Post by Scooke123 »

Bad Co & Joe Walsh were two great shows - both played about 1 1/2 hours each doing the songs you wanted to hear. Both groups would have been enough on their own but having them both in one evening put it over the top. Sammy Hagar was his usual self in St' Louis- he always performs over the top for us. Dispite torrential rains for days it cleared up enough before shows started. Crowd topped 50,000. He played a free show for St. Louis as part of the 4th festivities. As a side note when the St. Louis Cardinals take the field at the start of every home game Red is played over the loudspeaker.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#484 Post by Scooke123 »

I haven't seen Vampires yet - they haven't come close enough for me yet- I hope to get to see a show before it runs its course.
Steve Cooke

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#485 Post by raydrz »

Scooke123 wrote:Bad Co & Joe Walsh were two great shows - both played about 1 1/2 hours each doing the songs you wanted to hear. Both groups would have been enough on their own but having them both in one evening put it over the top. Sammy Hagar was his usual self in St' Louis- he always performs over the top for us. Dispite torrential rains for days it cleared up enough before shows started. Crowd topped 50,000. He played a free show for St. Louis as part of the 4th festivities. As a side note when the St. Louis Cardinals take the field at the start of every home game Red is played over the loudspeaker.
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
JOHN PETIK

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#486 Post by tay666 »

Scooke123 wrote:Only problem was she only got an hour.
They only played an hour and 10 minutes,
I under stand you were getting 3 fairly popular bands on 1 bill but The headliner should at least give you an hour and a half.
Were Heart actually the headliner?
Or was it a co-headline bill?

That is about the only time I see such equal stage time, when it is two comparable groups co-headlining.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#487 Post by Scooke123 »

They billed it as the "Rock Hall Three For All" tour but all printing on tickets, etc had Heart as the largest print and photos then Joan Jett then Cheap Trick. They both got about an hour each and Heart did an hour 10 minutes. I'm assuming that's why the short 3rd set even though they could have played longer at the venue (curfew there was 11 and they quit at 10:25. I wouldn't have minded as much if they played more of their hits and not a few off their new album with a shortened set. The vocals issue was the deal breaker - not sure what happened to get Ann's vocals so drowned out. Cheap Trick and Joan Jett had no problems during their set and all 3 bands use the sound system at the amphitheater. That's the only thing I don't like about these tours with 2 or 3 artists on the same bill - if you like all 3 you really get shortchanged on the songs you hear from each Oh well --- on to this Saturday night and Halestorm!!!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#488 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Scooke123 wrote: . . . I am finally going to see Halestorm this coming Saturday!!!! Got pretty good seats - they are opening for Shinedown. Let you know how they did - I'm sure I won't be disappointed!
Scooke123 wrote: . . . on to this Saturday night and Halestorm!!!
Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I expect you too.

Safe trip bro - and report back afterwards! :thumb2: :jam:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#489 Post by Scooke123 »

I'm really excited about the show - last 2 times they were in St. Louis I wasn't able to go to those. I'll let you know how the show went. Shinedown is playing as well.
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#490 Post by tay666 »

Scooke123 wrote:That's the only thing I don't like about these tours with 2 or 3 artists on the same bill - if you like all 3 you really get shortchanged on the songs you hear from each
That really depends on the bands, and the tour.
I've been to a few that have been done well.
Five Finger Death Punch and Papa Roach each got about 75 minutes and touched on a good portion of their hits.
Same with Papa Roach and Buckcherry, which was a true co-headline tour as the bands would alternate who closed the show.
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#491 Post by Scooke123 »

Cheap Trick and Joan Jett did a great job delivering what you wanted to hear given only an hour each. At least Heart could have focused more on their hits given the time they had but I do understand with a new album just out that week they were most likely obliged to play 3 songs off it for their label. Having seen Bad Company and Joe Walsh a couple weeks ago they pretty much split the bill between them and both delivered the goods. I went away a happy camper after that show. I think if the vocals problem with Heart's show wasn't there I probably wouldn't have been so critical of their show. I guess it really wasn't their fault with the mixing problem - the guy doing the soundboard just dropped the ball at their expense.
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#492 Post by tay666 »

Thing is though, if they were the headliner, then that should have been their sound engineer working the board.
That's the way it usually works.
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#493 Post by Scooke123 »

That's what makes it worse - if it was their sound engineer her did a poor job unless there was some technical problem. The first 2 shows didn't have that problem though and they were using the same sound system. Oh well, can't always have perfect shows. I would still see them again in the future depending on what else is going on at the time.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#494 Post by Scooke123 »

Saw Halestorm last night -WOW!!!! Lzzy's vocal live in person blew me away - seeing on videos just don't compare. They exceeded my expectations. I've seen Shinedown quite a few times and last night was the best I've ever seen them perform. Shaman's Harvest opened the show - they were pretty good. They are a Missouri based band that have been around a while. A good friend of mine is their tour manager. I wish they would have played an hour set instead of a half hour because the second band - They Came as Romans - didn't do it for me at all. All in all it was a great concert - finally seeing Halestorm live was a thrill that been several years coming for me. Good crowd too - probably 18,000 and really into the show as well which made it even better!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#495 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Scooke123 wrote:Saw Halestorm last night -WOW!!!! Lzzy's vocal live in person blew me away - seeing on videos just don't compare. They exceeded my expectations . . . finally seeing Halestorm live was a thrill that been several years coming for me. Good crowd too - probably 18,000 and really into the show as well which made it even better!
Yeah - they sure don't disappoint :D

Really pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself Steve :thumb2:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#496 Post by tay666 »

Glad you liked the show.
And yeah, videos doesn't do Lzzy justice.

I myself had a good time at the Lindsey Stirling show last night.
Will post more thoughts about it tomorrow after I actually get caught up on stuff.
But it was a good show, and I would be willing to see her again.
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#497 Post by Scooke123 »

Next show is this Saturday. "Celebration Day/El Monstero" Celebration day is a tribute to led Zeppelin and El Monstero a tribute to Pink Floyd. Show is local group members from Stir, The Urge, Kingofthehill. Wild Stallios and Trixie Delight, all St' Louis area groups. Several were close to making it big in the 90's. They have been doing the Pink Floyd tribute since 1999 doing 5 shows around Christmas time every year and the big show in the summer. I think they rival the Australian Pink Floyd in how well they play and their huge stage, light and pyrotechnics.
Steve Cooke

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#498 Post by raydrz »

Scooke123 wrote:Next show is this Saturday. "Celebration Day/El Monstero" Celebration day is a tribute to led Zeppelin and El Monstero a tribute to Pink Floyd. Show is local group members from Stir, The Urge, Kingofthehill. Wild Stallios and Trixie Delight, all St' Louis area groups. Several were close to making it big in the 90's. They have been doing the Pink Floyd tribute since 1999 doing 5 shows around Christmas time every year and the big show in the summer. I think they rival the Australian Pink Floyd in how well they play and their huge stage, light and pyrotechnics.
that's saying something! i've seen aussiefloyd several times and with your eyes closed, you can't tell the difference...
JOHN PETIK

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#499 Post by Scooke123 »

You should try to make one of their winter shows - they are at the Pageant. I'm sure they won't disappoint you!
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#500 Post by Scooke123 »

The El Monstero- Pink Floyd show last Saturday night was their best to date and they have been doing this since 1999. They had a large crowd - probably around 20,000 and the night weather was perfect. They threw in a few new songs in the set. Started out with Celebration Day - a tribute to Led Zeppelin. This lasted around an hour then El Monstero played around 2 1/2 hours. Lot of special effects, light and pyro.
Steve Cooke