What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Next concert on the calandar

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Next concert on the calandar

#581 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Well that was absolutely spiffing.
  • • Great parking.
    • Great company.
    • Great security & staff.
    • Well laid out venue with lots of open spaces (Genting Arena / NEC Birmingham).
    • Great selection of Tees and hoodies (my Son NOW can't wait for me to get home as he was treated to some stuffs).
    • No pot-smokers (no smokers of ANY kind in fact).
    • No drunks (except for the windmill-arm-waving 300lb mid-40's woman just in front of us).
    • An involved & motivated crowd.
    • Great stage set-up & stageshow.
    • Better sound than 2 of the 3 Maiden gigs I went to in Vancouver.
    • Bruce in top form (although some of the guitar work / solos were a bit dodgy throughout the entire set).
      • . . . and it was Bruce's 60th Birthday (we sang him Happy Birthday) :D
So I'm guessing Bruce enjoyed it more than the night before in Manchester where he had a bit of a fall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqXg_4NxeJQ

Highlights for me were some of the rarer songs . . .
  • • The Clansman
    • For the Greater Good of God
    • The Wicker Man
    • Sign of the Cross
      • . . . plus (of course) Fear of the Dark.
A great memory to stack away for future use.

I miss the UK concert scene SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much - another item to add to the "Canada vs. UK vs. somewhere else on the planet" competition.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#582 Post by Scooke123 »

Sounds like a great time all around! Always nice to see a memorable concert!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike

#583 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:.
      • . . . and it was Bruce's 60th Birthday (we sang him Happy Birthday) :D . . .
Told ya (SO uncoordinated :lol: )

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#584 Post by Scooke123 »

:like
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#585 Post by tay666 »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:.
Highlights for me were some of the rarer songs . . .
  • • The Clansman
    • For the Greater Good of God
    • The Wicker Man
    • Sign of the Cross
  • . . . plus (of course) Fear of the Dark.
A great memory to stack away for future use.

I miss the UK concert scene SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much - another item to add to the "Canada vs. UK vs. somewhere else on the planet" competition.
The one I hope remains in the setlist when they do the states next year is
Flight of Icarus

It has been forever since they played it. I was hoping for it on the Early Days tour, but it was to be.
As to the sound, it may not be just the venue. The last few tours have been plagued by bad sound. Ever since their long time sound guy retired. Last tour was a bit better, and from what I have heard, this tour has been really good.
As for crowds. Second best Maiden crowd I have been a part of was the Toronto show in 2005.
Best Maiden crowd though, was the 2000 show in Cleveland.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#586 Post by Scooke123 »

Got tickets for Halestorm Nov. 29. They are at a place that used to be called Kiel Opera House (now Stifel Theatre). It is a great venue acoustically with a floor level and a balcony. My seats are in the balcony and you can see really well where the seats are. Can't wait!!! Also have tickets for Alice Cooper Oct 20 at same place. Plus seeing Night Ranger Sept 15 at St. Peters Weekend (a free outdoor show) - should be fun. I always liked the band and have met Jack Blades several times. He has realtives that live in the St. Louis area so hopefully I will have a chance to meet up with him again. I do have a good chance of going backstage for Alice still - my son's ex-boss is going to talk to him about getting us back there. Larry was his road manager for 10 years and always sees him evey time he is in town.
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#587 Post by tay666 »

Sounds like some great stuff coming up.
I too have Alice Cooper.
TSO just announced tour dates. They are coming to Erie the day before Thanksgiving.
The wife and I want to go, just have to see when I have cash for tickets, and if any are left by then.
They don't go on sale for 3 more weeks. So, fingers crossed that I can sell some of the stuff I don't want to move for some extra money.
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#588 Post by Scooke123 »

They just announced TSO here too. I'm going to try to make it this year. I have never seen them and everyone I know that has seen them tell me it is a great show! I hope I have the money when they go on sale here.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#589 Post by Scooke123 »

Alice Cooper tonite! I just got a phone call that our names are on the guest list to go backstage plus participate in the meet and greet after the show. Hopefully I can get a picture or two!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike

#590 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Scooke123 wrote:Alice Cooper tonite! I just got a phone call that our names are on the guest list to go backstage plus participate in the meet and greet after the show. Hopefully I can get a picture or two!
Have a great time Steve!

Please tell Alice that Spike says hi! (* he won't know who I am, but it's the thought that counts :lol: *)

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#591 Post by Scooke123 »

I'll do that!
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#592 Post by tay666 »

Hope it was an amazing night for you.
I get to see the show, next Saturday.
Trevor Ylisaari

Heavy Metal Spike

#593 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Not sure if it's your sort of thing Steve / Trev / Jeff (Glusniffer) / other folks . . . but THIS was JUST announced (this-morning in fact!) . . .

Pre-order starts Thu 25th Oct - Alice Cooper 1:6 figure https://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/en/ ... -16-figure
  • • Retail price : $219.99
    • Approx 12" (30.5CM) tall
    • Est Ship Date: Feb - Apr 2020

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#594 Post by Scooke123 »

That's a pretty cool figure! Kinda pricey but if it was a resin kit I might be more interested.
(see next post for my show review).
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#595 Post by Scooke123 »

Saw Alice Cooper on the 20th at the Stifel Theatre which used to be the old Kiel Opera House back in the day. Its a really cool venue with floor seating and an upper balcony where our seats were (about halfway up a little left-center). Very good view of the stage and not really that far away. Capacity is 3100 and it was close to a sell-out. On the other side of the venue Fleetwood Mac was playing at the same time a few miles away Kansas was playing at the Fox Theatre so there was a lot of music going on Saturday night in St. Louis! Show start was at 8:00 and there was no opening act. Actually started at 8:15 and they played till 9:50. If you have ever been to an Alice show once they start playing its non-stop until the show is over, no pauses between songs and no talking. Alice doesn't say anything until the end when he introduces the band. Its really cool - Alice has such stage presence he communicates with the audience with no talking during the show. Nice, tight playing with smoke, light show and some pyro.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#596 Post by Scooke123 »

Here's the show setlist:
1. Spend the Night Intro
2. Brutal Planet
3. No More Mr. Nice Guy
4. Under My Wheels
5. Billion Dollar Babies
6. Grim Facts
7. Lost in America
8. Serious
9. Fallen in Love
10. Woman of Mass Distraction
11. Nita Strauss Guitar Solo
12. Poison
13. Halo of Flies (with Glen Sobel Drum Solo)- VERY COOL
14. Feed My Frankenstein
15. Cold Ethyl
16. Only Women Bleed
17. Paranoiac Personality
18. Ballad of Dwight Fry
19. Killer
20. I Love the Dead
21. I'm Eighteen
Encore: (off-stage about 30 seconds)
22. School's Out (with Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 incorporated in the song)
Whole band goes to front of stage for bows, etc
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#597 Post by Scooke123 »

Now for the Real Fun part of the evening!!
When we got there we had VIP passes with a Meet & Greet added at the Will-call. After show we had to go to stage left where we were told it would be at least a 45 minute wait before we could go back-stage because Alice had so many paid Experience packages for the show. So we sat down and started watching the stagehands tear down the stage.
After about 5 minutes all the band comes out where we were and started mingling with us - didn't expect that! They all went around talking to everyone, shaking hands, taking some pictures. And yes - Nita Strauss is really hot looking standing face to face with her!
All the band members were super-nice, none had an air of superiority about them. My older Son was hoping to meet Glen Sobel the drummer(since that's primarily what he plays too.) He got his wish!
About 11:30 we finally got to go in the back - lined up in a room where they had a camera , lights and backdrop set up. Alice came in greeting all of us (about 25 total for this). When it was my turn Alice greeted me and shook my hand. Talked a little about the show then he asked my name and if I had something I wanted signed (we were allowed 1 item). He signed a bandana for me then we had our picture taken together. He put his arm around me when pic was shot. Then I stood while my 2 boys got to see him. Stevie got to talk a little longer since he told Alice his old boss Larry said to tell him hi ( Larry was Alice's manager for 10 years) so they talked about him for a bit. after all 3 of us got done and started to walk out I could have kicked myself for not asking if they would take a shot with me and my 2 boys with Alice (found out they would have!).
Even though I'd met Alice at a show we catered about 15 years ago this was more special because it was a little more personal and I got to experience it with both my boys.
When I get some of the pics downloaded I'll post up a few.

You should have a great show Trevor - the set list I posted should be what you will see.
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike

#598 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Glad it went well Steve - thanks for the updates :thumb2:

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#599 Post by tay666 »

Scooke123 wrote:
You should have a great show Trevor - the set list I posted should be what you will see.
I have no doubt about the quality of the show. Alice is a true professional.
As for the setlist, I skipped right passed it. Want it to be a surprise as I am watching the show.
More fun that way :)

Hearing about your experience was great.
I am curious to see/hear how well Nita does. She has some big shoes to fill replacing Orianthi.
I really enjoyed her playing and stage presence when I saw them in 2011 and 2012.
I always enjoyed Nita's work in Iron Maidens so it should be an interesting comparison.

Looks like it going to be a full house for my show.
I just checked, and there are 38 tickets available right now. With a total capacity of 2248.
Looks like VIP isn't even an option for it either. Wonder if they sold out, or if the venue is just too small for anything like that.
Trevor Ylisaari

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#600 Post by tay666 »

tay666 wrote:Sounds like some great stuff coming up.
I too have Alice Cooper.
TSO just announced tour dates. They are coming to Erie the day before Thanksgiving.
The wife and I want to go, just have to see when I have cash for tickets, and if any are left by then.
They don't go on sale for 3 more weeks. So, fingers crossed that I can sell some of the stuff I don't want to move for some extra money.
Oh yeah. I did get tickets to this over the weekend.
Surprised there were still seats available this long after they went on sale.
Not bad ones either. In the back, but that is where I wanted. I want to see the whole stage for a change. Just so I can take it all in.
Trevor Ylisaari