What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

RIP Lemmy

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

Re: RIP Lemmy

#41 Post by Tiger2 »

Aymen to that, I had the pleasure of seeing Motorhead live several times and it just blew the metal endorphins through the roof.
Can't believe it was 7 years ago we lost the great man, but then in many ways, he never went away, his influence is everywhere,
his music still as fresh and powerful as ever.

Here's my all-time fave and an epic performance. Don't forget, play it louder than everything else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH8nfp5sD_s

All the best and happy new year,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#42 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote:Aymen to that, I had the pleasure of seeing Motorhead live several times and it just blew the metal endorphins through the roof.
Can't believe it was 7 years ago we lost the great man, but then in many ways, he never went away, his influence is everywhere,
his music still as fresh and powerful as ever.

Here's my all-time fave and an epic performance. Don't forget, play it louder than everything else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH8nfp5sD_s

All the best and happy new year,
Paul
Very well said.

Thanks for the link Paul - I'd NEVER seen that before! :shock: . . . blimmin' GREAT way to help me wake up as I start my day !!!!

Always LOVED the original video for this - a PERFECT combination of cheese and metal . . . I'd love to find out who the "leading lady" was - never have managed to ID her.

And as regards the legacy, as luck would have it, BW&BK LATEST post is PC&TBS covering 3 Motorhead songs at Wacken 4 months ago (in fact, the entire SET was Motorhead tracks).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#43 Post by Tiger2 »

Glad you enjoyed the link Ian, yours were top dollar as well! That leading lady does ring a bell, I just can't place her yet.
Mr Campbell can still crank it out, it's great to see him keeping the torch burning.

Speaking of interesting 'female accompaniment', here's another tremendous live performance of 'Killed by Death', filmed at Wacken 2009.
You might know this one, Lemmy's face is a picture while he's trying to concentrate on playing his trusty Rickenbacker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-ayoJKZ_Q

All the best,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#44 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

• EIGHT
    • Still missing you mate. Still full of respect for you too.

Heavy Metal Spike

#45 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Having found a bit of time to focus & research, I was finally able to release one of my Funko Pop! Albums 08: Motorhead - Ace of Spades Lemmy's from his cage (* the other copy is staying mint in display box *).

I have the other 2 Funko Pop Lemmy's (displayed to the left of these), and managed (after a lot of searching and aggravation!) get hold of a copy of the bronzed bust a few weeks back.

He's now guarding the top of my desktop PC :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: Image Image

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#46 Post by tay666 »

:like
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#47 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Lovely tribute, Spike. (That bronze bust makes him look like a Bad-Arse US Civil War General!) :mrgreen: :thumb2: :jam: :flashlogo: :evil2:
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett