What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

My Son's Band Got on the Radio!!

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

My Son's Band Got on the Radio!!

#1 Post by Scooke123 »

Pretty cool - yesterday my son's band "Homeless in Hollywood" was on our radio station in St. Louis live. It is a Rockabilly type band and they were on during a segment of their show highlighting these bands.

They came on at noon and after a few songs on the dj's playlist he introduced them. They play 3 songs live in their studio then he interviewed all 4 of them for about 20 minutes. After the interview they played 2 more songs. All their material is original.

My son Steve plays the bass in this band and has played with the drummer in 3 other bands in the past. He has been busy the last couple days - after that he drove to Milwaukee to play drums in another band he is in up there. He was back home this evening.

The H-I-H band plays a lot of car shows around the area - they only do around 8 or 9 shows a years right now. Their biggest shows have been at Summerfest in WI last summer and they are booked there again this year.
Steve Cooke

billikenmonster
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Re: My Son's Band Got on the Radio!!

#2 Post by billikenmonster »

That is so cool you must be proud of him....rock on!

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Scooke123 »

Thanks!!!! He has been doing this for years since his early teens and he is now 40. Didn't become the milionaire rockstar but he is having fun!
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#4 Post by tay666 »

That is so cool.
You must be extremely happy for him.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Scooke123 »

Yep! For better or worse my musical influences rubbed off on him. He at least followed through with what I only dreamed about.
Steve Cooke