What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Elton John Farewell Concert in San Antonio 2022

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Elton John Farewell Concert in San Antonio 2022

#1 Post by bucketfoot-al »

I'm not a concert goer, have not been for 3 decades. (I make an exception for Bill "Monster" Jones & Kathy Murray of "Kathy & The Killowatts". Better music than the "pop acts" and much cheaper and friendlier venues - but I digress :wink: )

A month ago my son and I went to the Elton John Farewell Concert at The 65,000-seat Alamo Dome in San Antonio last month. His 81st - and last - Texas concert ever.

My son flew in from Oregon so we could share the experience. It was also the first time I had seen Elton in 30 years (but the 14th Elton John concert I've seen). Talk about life sending you a clear message about how old you've gotten! :D

I don't go to concerts anymore - it was mainly about doing it together with my son (he knows I was a HUGE EJ fan in the 1970s & 80s - I slept overnight in Central Park in 1980 to be upfront for that epic concert :rolf: )

For the opportunity to share the experience with my 26-year old son, it was priceless. (When he was about 13 we watched the 1980 Elton John Central Park concert DVD - he picked me out in a couple of crowd shots before I even recognized myself :lol: )

Anyway, at 75 years of age Elton's piano jamming was still superb, though his voice is much lower and he lets the audience do the "La-la-las" in "Crocodile Rock" nowadays. :lol:

(His US finale from Dodger Stadium last weekend was broadcast on Disney and clips are all over youtube if you want to take a peek :wink: )

You only live once. (BTW, it was my wife who suggested I take my son - she wasn't interested in going).

Here's a few photos of us with our flashing LED Elton John glasses :rolf: and my 1982 EJ Tour visor (with 1982 & 1984 Tour buttons) that I took out of storage for the event. It was great fun!

Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett