What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Next concert on the calandar

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Re: Next concert on the calandar

#681 Post by tay666 »

Glad to hear it was a good night.

And glad you had a good night as well Steve.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#682 Post by Scooke123 »

Going to see Deep Purple this Saturday night Sept. 12 at The Murat in Indianapolis, IN. My son wanted to see them once more but indoors (we saw them last summer outside when the co-headlined with Alice Cooper). He is a big Steve Morse fan plus we used to cater this venue and it has great acoustics. Set up in an opera house setting with upper balcony. Will be a quick road trip there and back (coming home right after show) It's about a 3 1/2-4 hr drive so not too bad. Not sure who is opening show yet.
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#683 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Another thread - another time . . .
tay666 wrote:Well, I hope you get a chance to see them, and I hope you enjoy it. :)
    • Heavy Metal Spike wrote:It'll work out eventually bro' - these things usually do . . .

Tickets bought :) - just hope I'm in Canada on the date! :|

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#684 Post by Scooke123 »

Now you just have to wait 6 months!!! :(
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#685 Post by tay666 »

Hope you actually get to see them.
Trevor Ylisaari

Heavy Metal Spike

#686 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Yeah - fingers crossed guys - for a LOT more reasons than just seeing the band Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#687 Post by Scooke123 »

I'm going this Wednesday night to see Steel Panther. I know - don't laugh! I'm a big Hair Metal fan and these guys are not only good but funny too so long as you aren't into political correctness. Opening for them is Stitched Up Heart - never seen them but a couple of their videos didn't sound bad. I'll let you all know how it went!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike

#688 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Scooke123 wrote:I'm going this Wednesday night to see Steel Panther. I know - don't laugh! I'm a big Hair Metal fan and these guys are not only good but funny too so long as you aren't into political correctness. Opening for them is Stitched Up Heart - never seen them but a couple of their videos didn't sound bad. I'll let you all know how it went!
Have you seen them before Steve? (apologies if I'm forgetting previous post exchanges - I'm not as "rememberful" as I used to be :oops: )

I really have lost count of the number of times I've seen them live (told you!) - the lads quite like Vancouver, and Vancouver quite likes them.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#689 Post by Scooke123 »

Yea I've see Steel Panther 4 times already. When they were here last year Lexie wasn't with them and they had a guy kinda looked like Nikki Sixx filling in for him.
They hit St. Louis every year around this time - kind of a ritual for me and the 2 Sons to go see them.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#690 Post by Scooke123 »

Going this Friday night to see "El Monstero" - its a tribute to Pink Floyd done by local musicians around St. Louis. Been doing this with my kids for years now, kind of a tradition for us around Christmas. They do 7 shows the last 2 weeks of December selling out all 7 shows (Pageant holds 2300). Some of the members were from Stir, The Urge and Kingofthehill all minor "almost made it big" bands in the 80's and 90's.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#691 Post by Scooke123 »

This Saturday night going to see FreeBird USA and Perfect Strangers at the Family Arena - won 4 tickets. Tributes to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Deep Purple. Drummer of FreeBird was drummer for Chuck Berry and Head East.
Singer for Perfect Strangers was original singer for REO Speedwagon (their first album) and Starcastle. Should be a good time especially since its free!
Steve Cooke

Heavy Metal Spike

#692 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

2 nights running - sounds like an awesome time awaits!

Tell us some stories on your return Steve.

Hope both nights go great for you and yours.

Ian/Spike.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#693 Post by Scooke123 »

Will do Ian! Friday night is always fun, hanging out with family and friends at a concert. Doesn't get much better than that. We are up to 11 of us that go to the show - wouldn't be Christmas without it!
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#694 Post by Scooke123 »

Just got done with the 3rd concert in 10 days with 2 back to back Friday and Saturday. Time to gear up for 2020!!
I'll try to break down the details in the next couple days. The one I saw last night turned into a Midwestern Rocker's dream (Hint: REO Speedwagon, Head East, Starcastle, Pavlov's Dog, Chuck Berry, and several former DJ's from our biggest Rock station from the 70's and 80's)
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#695 Post by tay666 »

That sounds like a lot of fun.
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#696 Post by Scooke123 »

I haven't forgotten my reviews on last 3 shows - might get them up in a couple days. No 2020 shows coming up for me yet.
Steve Cooke

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#697 Post by tay666 »

Don't you know, I have been living vicariously through your concert reviews? :)

I haven't had the cash / time / or energy for a concert since last spring :(

Though that may be changing. Volbeat just announced a headline show not far from me.
I've been wanting to see them perform for years now. Sadly, the only time they've been in my neck of the woods has been on those big festival kind of things. Too much hassle, and too short a setlest.
This is just over an hour away, in a 6000 seat venue (same place I saw Papa Roach last year)
Trevor Ylisaari

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#698 Post by Scooke123 »

Try to see Volbeat if possible. When I saw them for the first time last summer I really enjoyed them live. I've been a fan of their music for a long time.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#699 Post by Scooke123 »

I wish they had been the headliner then but was part of a 4 band show so got the shortened version as well.
Steve Cooke

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#700 Post by Scooke123 »

Ok, a little catching up to do from the last 4 shows of 2019. Want to get them in before my first concert of 2020 (don't know what that will be yet).
Deep Purple Oct. 12, 2019: Show was at the Murat Theatre in Indianapolis, IN so was a 4 hour drive for us. 2 reasons for seeing the show here - first mt Son wanted to see them one more time at an indoor venue (he is a big Steve Morse fan). We saw them Summer 2018 at our amphitheatre during this same tour. Second reason was my Son used to do the catering at the Murat back when they were catering so the drive wasn't that big a deal for either of us.
OK enough back-story!....
Joyous Wolf opened the show. I never heard of them. They did a 7 song set - was enjoyable but nothing really stuck out for me. Not a group i'd go out of the way to see again.
Deep Purple did a 16 song set doing most of the songs you wanted to hear. They did a little more focusing on highlighting keyboards and guitar play. The set was a little different from the last time we saw them which was good - it was a long tour and with it winding down they let each member showcase some.
Glad I went again to see them - my Son and I enjoyed it not so much my wife and his girlfriend. I've seen the classic lineup in the past and I tried not to compare this lineup with that one. They did a really great job and any Deep Purple fan would have been happy.
Steve Cooke