What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Y'know what REALLY stinks? (Job related minor rant)

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

DinoMike
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Y'know what REALLY stinks? (Job related minor rant)

#1 Post by DinoMike »

Applying everywhere I could think of, for well over a year, to get a job closer than a 60+ minute commute (one way.)

Finally getting a job, 15 minutes away.

Losing said job after 2 days, because my bum foot convinced the managers that I couldn't physically handle the job.

This, of course, all happens right about when I was going to use a bit of my tax refund to buy a spray booth, so I could get started building again! :cussing:

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Y'know what REALLY stinks? (Job related minor rant)

#2 Post by kevtk135 »

I hear ya. when I was working I was 45 minutes to an hour away from my work during the week. To demo how sh!tty the commute was, when I needed to work on the weekend the same ride took 15 minutes...
Feels wrong that they let you go so quickly instead of finding out if the bum foot really interfered that much. Sucks. Hopefully something else comes along soon.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

DinoMike
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Y'know what REALLY stinks? (Job related minor rant)

#3 Post by DinoMike »

Thanks. I took this as the writing on the wall regarding future production-related jobs. Did a total shift in my job hunt parameters. Starting a job as a debt collection call center employee. Not the most well-liked position, but at least I can pay the bills while staying off this chronic problem foot.