What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

An Invitation for your words

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Cacioppo
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

An Invitation for your words

#1 Post by Richard Cacioppo »

Inspired to be a Writers. Please think about this ...

Good day.

This is Rich Cacioppo

The mad monster maker.

There’s more to me than meets the eye. It seems to be a need for that next step, to hold my life complete. It’s not something visible to the naked eye. Not something you can hold in your hand. Not like anything like that at all. It’s a driving force to take yourself and others to places yet unseen by the heart and soul with others on route to the same place you desire and observe, through that magical thought of imagination when discovered.

This is something I’ve been living with for all of my life. The creative mind, it never leaves me be, it never leaves me flat.

I can’t believe I haven’t thought of this before. I am a man with vivid thoughts and a heart full of desire to better myself, seeking joy and fulfillment at every turn. I am a realist, I am and I am again.

Years back, I created a group for artists to go and express themselves in their own unique fashion. It was driven by a need to express myself in a medium that lent to my abilities as a writer. At that time, I knew I was more than rough around the edges and was in bad need of honing. But I had what others might look at as desirable and even appealing. I was the artist in need of others with the same outlook and frame of mind. I was someone in search of a bond and more, “inspiration”, with others of a similar union. Then and there, I decided that I needed to branch out and link up, to reach out from my cave and profess that the quill was a viable and visable way to transform my thoughts from their essence to a real mode of communication. That I was unique enough to be the formula man and leader of a pack of people, I was the artist, and I was person who would become the hub for that group. That is when I accepted the responsibility for becoming a moderator for a group of writers and for titling the group itself.

The groups name was and is the, “WritingAddicts”, very appropriate title for writers, in my mind.

The formula for our group was linked with a header within the “SciFi and Fantasy Club”. That club has since dissolved, but our group continued to flourish, meld and wind through a series of personal ventures and artistic gain, just like we here in this club from each other. Some years later, with members coming and going, vanishing and coming to a realization that this might not be it for them, in their lives has dwindled our league down to four members in total. One of which is a published writer, another who is a graduate student whose being is solid in her commitment to our wants, a man who struggling to find his way through difficult times but who also is committed to our cause and believes that hopefully soon he’ll be able to once again be an active participant with the assignments, through suggestions with a one word topic, sentence, paragraph or poem, for each of us to write a 2000 plus or minus short story to be read and critiqued. And me, who all of you know already is one who is sincere almost to a fault.

I presently am burdened by the fact that I like we here at the group must weed out the ones who do not, interact or contribute to the group’s goals, for each assignments turn around. We are a dedicated, inspiring, and supportive group of four, just like we are here in this club. Because of the small number of writers in this group I am in search for more to add to the agenda each month. We are not a fly by night group of people and sensitive to the needs, desires and heart felt feelings of the others. We have different forums and other avenue’s to avail ourselves to. It is with great pleasure that I am tossing this invitation here and now, for those who might be interested and would like to investigate and hopefully try to participate with this unique group of individuals. Roam through our writing, critiques, files and or chatter, at different points of our history. See what makes us tick.

If you feel more comfortable you can send me your question, in a PM.

I am sincere and candid about this invitation to join with us to stimulate yourself, in a direction you might have thought of in the past and now in the present. I’d love it if you did, if you feel excitement when your pen hits the paper, if you ever thought “Gee. It would be grand if this idea could come to light. If I can create and tell a tale that would make others believe in the unbelievable. Whether your gig is the fantasy, horror, or a love story needing to come forth, it is your duty to experience your talent and desire. If writing poems, songs or the like, is a glorious form of expression. If taking us to uncharted territories, with adventure of dare devils this might be a road for you to venture. I did it for me, and though my work has not been published as of yet, I never say never. It is without a doubt my own fault, one I plan on rectifying within my life time. What will you do with your chance? Forsake it … I hope not.

So, as I said, if your comfortable writing to me here or a PM is more appropriate for your slant, go for it. I’m in your court without a doubt. How about trying ours for a while, who knows maybe you’ll find that this was the discovery meant just for you. Maybe your ready to make a difference here and now.

Let me send you an invitation so you can get on our roster too, or just browse for a while and get to know us for the things we can offer you as a "wanna or am a writer" in your life.

Just let me know.

Rich

The mad writer guy from the village in the middle
Come over to www.themadmonstermaker.com and see the wonderful pieces of art I have. It doesn't take a penny to look and enjoy, and who knows ... You might fight something that suited just for you.