What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

First build- CC's Anatotitan & hatchlings

Focused on all the big critters. Dinosaurs and KAIJU!
With added discussion of creating dioramas, shadowboxes, vignettes and bases

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

DoomedCosmonaut

First build- CC's Anatotitan & hatchlings

#1 Post by DoomedCosmonaut »

Well, my very first ever kit has arrived: Cretaceous Creations, Anatotitan & hatchlings! I'll wash everything down with warm water and dish soap, then sand down any visible seams this coming week. Any suggestions or words or wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Warped Speed
Squire of the Sprue

Re: First build- CC's Anatotitan & hatchlings

#2 Post by Warped Speed »

My words of wisdom: DO A GOOD JOB! Looks like a really nice kit. Just have fun and not sweat the little stuff. Sorry I can't be much help but I've never built a dino. Looks like it has some good interlocking parts so you shouldn't have to pin it, that's good. Like you said, wash it good and then a good coat of primer and you're all set to use your imagination in color choice.

There are some mighty fine dino painters here at the CH that can really help you.

Have fun with your first,
Carl-

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: First build- CC's Anatotitan & hatchlings

#3 Post by kevtk135 »

How exciting! Very cool. CC has some awesome kits that practically go together by themselves.
With these kits that have over the top detail on them I think I would go easy with the sandpaper on the seam joins. What I do is get into a Zen mode and with an exacto blade pick away the extra resin from between the scales. Takes a while but the results will much more convincing. Using sandpaper and will make ake repairing any scales rubbed away a long term project. Can be done, but really hard.

A bunch of years ago there was actually an IPMS seminar of painting dinos. The guy made a pretty good case for using armor (tanks etc...) camo as a color guide. So you could always try that.

Good luck and take pics along the way. Love to see 'em.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com