What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Dried Paint Clean UP Tips

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Pun13
Clubhouse Alumni
Prince of Plastic

Dried Paint Clean UP Tips

#1 Post by Pun13 »

This tip comes from Ron Sherwood, thanks Ron for this tip.

Tom

Is your soap of choice just not getting those paint brushes clean for you without a hassle?

Do the “artist” soaps sold in fancy shops cost way more than the results?

Do you find those messy paint cups and dried paint drips around the cup of your airbrush tough to get off?

Do you dislike using the petroleum thinners as they just won’t rinse with water with ease?
Well, me Too!!

Our hobby has always found excitement in an experiment that proves itself to be worthy tip. I believe I have found one that works for me completely, and wanted to share it with the likes of all of you.

As unusual as it might be, I have found a product used for dishes to be a very useful tool for accomplishing all of the above. http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL185/123 ... 941055.jpg

By accident, I've discovered "Dawn Power Dissolver" in the blue bottle and have been using it for about a year now, finally deciding that I can recommend it to the club.

For about $2.50 and a trip to the grocery store, a bottle of "Dawn’s Power Dissolver" will remove all dried acrylic paint from any airbrush, paint cup, or paint brush, also proving to remove those stubborn paint brush stains as well.

Take your favorite paint brush that “appears” to be clean, and spray a little Power Dissolver in the palm of your hand and gently swirl the bristles in the product. I guarantee you will be amazed that the brush wasn’t as clean as you thought.

Like mentioned, it also works perfect for your paint cups being metal, plastic, porcelain, or glass. As well as bringing your airbrush back to new.

It has not harmed any o-rings, washers or airbrush parts. I believe it to be safer than using spirits and definitely less messy. The best part is it can all be done in the sink under running water. Power Dissolver, unlike Lacquer Thinner or Mineral Spirits, rinses clean.

I highly suggest you try this product, you’ll be glad you did. I shared my findings with only one other prominent member of this club as a test, who has claimed to be quite pleased with the results as well.

The only thing I would suggest not doing is spraying it through the airbrush between color changes, use your typical method for that. It is best to use this product after your painting is done for the day or whenever you want to get your items completely clean from dried or fresh paint and ready for the next session

Happy painting!!!
Email
Pun13@yahoo.com

Brothers in Resin: Bringing you what YOU WANT!!!!

Stoble
Finger Painter

Re: Dried Paint Clean UP Tips

#2 Post by Stoble »

Thanks Ron for the help.

Gazozou
Glue Sniffer

Re: Dried Paint Clean UP Tips

#3 Post by Gazozou »

Thanx a million! I hope they ship abroad, maybe I can get a lot of that stuff in the mail...Hopefully
Gazozou