What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

How to post your photos using Photo Bucket

Show off your in-progress builds! This is the place to post questions about building and painting your model kits and to share your latest techniques.

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

resin addict
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

How to post your photos using Photo Bucket

#1 Post by resin addict »

It seems like lately there have been a number of people having issues posting photos even though they use Photo Bucket to host their photos…they post links which forces you to click on a link and actually go to the site, and I’m just kind of paranoid about blindly clicking links…plus I really hate the annoying pop-ups photo Bucket forces you to endure.
Posting photos is actually really simple, and since most of these people have been using Photo Bucket I’ll explain how to do it using the Photo Bucket site.
The first thing you do is upload your chosen photos to Photo Bucket…I’m not going to explain how to do that, as that doesn’t seem to be an issue. Once you done that you will have the option to view your photos and will see a screen that looks like the following image; note that on the right hand side of the screen it says “SHARE THIS PHOTO”, and underneath that you have 4 choices as to how, Email & IM, Direct, HTML or IMG. You choose “IMG” by clicking on the box as you will see my curser is in the process of doing in the following photo:
Once you click on it, the box turns yellow and you will see the word “Copied” in the box, as shown in the following photo:
You then paste the “link” that you just copied into your post on the clubhouse…when writing your post, what you paste will look like the text string shown in the following photo, but when you actually press “Submit” all you (and everyone else who views your post) will see is your photo.
I hope this is helpful…it’s much easier to open a thread and see a photo, rather than having to open a thread and then decide if you want to click on an unknown link.
One additional thing...by posting a link, rather than an image file, you are giving people access to all of the pictures in your Photo Bucket library, they can do so just by clicking on the "next" or "back" arrow in your photo...I don't think that's something you necessarily want to do...I'm just sayin'...
Last edited by resin addict on March 18th, 2016, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

Re: How to post your photos using Photo Bucket

#2 Post by raydrz »

=D> =D> =D> :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

very nicely done, randy...thanks for taking the time
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

the Baron
Finger Painter

#3 Post by the Baron »

There are a couple of things to remember, beyond just the choice of photo host.

In my case, I bit the bullet, when I finally used up my quota of free space at Photobucket, and paid for an account. I took the smallest storage capacity, at $49/year. As soon as I did that, I noticed that it impacted my existing linked photos in the various forums I belong to. Sometimes it manifests itself in a failure for the link to display the first time the page loads, as if the server and page where I hosted needed to make a new call to the link and pick up the image again. That is, I suspect that something changed, not the URL, but something in the way Photobucket responds to calls via the links.

Second, I surf during the day, from my work location. Recently, we implemented a web filter (Baracuda's product), and it impacts calls made across the Web. It was intended to block streaming content, generally, but I found that it also can prevent linked images from loading successfully. I will go to a page with a post with linked images, and I can see my browser's progress indicator spinning, while the browser tries to retrieve the content it's been told to retrieve, and eventually, it completes without displaying the images. For example, the images in the original post in this thread do not currently display for me. But if I access the same page from my home Internet connection, no problem, images come right up.

So, if displaying images doesn't work, remember, there can be any one of a number of reasons. I find it best to contact the moderator/owner/webmaster of the given site, for followup.
"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."

armandodlc
Master of Masking

#4 Post by armandodlc »

Testing

armandodlc
Master of Masking

#5 Post by armandodlc »

Nice tip! I wasn't aware you could share pics individually. Usually what Ive done in other forums is click on all the pics I want to share by clicking the checkmark on them, and then look for the IMG copy link. That works in other forums, but for some reason it didn't here. This is good to know. In fact, I think I'll go change my Spidey thread now :D.

Armando

Tim Casey
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#6 Post by Tim Casey »

Thanks, Randy - boy, I hate going to Photobucket to see someone's build-up....

halloweenfan 1978
Master of Masking

#7 Post by halloweenfan 1978 »

I'm not sure how you did what you did, but when I tried it, the only boxes I saw were Email & IM and IMG thumb.
James Nichols
Gu deoch... to drink; Gu cairdean... to friends; Gu Spors... to fun

monomaster2
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#8 Post by monomaster2 »

I don't know why anybody uses Photobucket, much less pay for it! It seems to be a big hassle.
Illegitimi non carborundum

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#9 Post by raydrz »

halloweenfan 1978 wrote:I'm not sure how you did what you did, but when I tried it, the only boxes I saw were Email & IM and IMG thumb.
IMG is the key...you're good to go 8)
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

barad_dur
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#10 Post by barad_dur »

Isn't there also a size limit on the photos that can be posted via this method?

May be helpful to add a tip on how to reduce size of a photo before posting.

Just a thought

v338241
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#11 Post by v338241 »

Another test Image

mjbare
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#12 Post by mjbare »

Randy, thanks so much. It was time to start selling some of the retirement stash and your "pic-torial" worked perfectly!! Michael
--------
"Tish! You spoke French! You know what that does to me!!!" Gomez Addams

KITS WANTED: Terry Reynold's The Purple Monster Strikes. Marvin the Paranoid Robot UK kit

kitator
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#13 Post by kitator »

Thanks,Anthony
Some of my collection:
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/kitator/
email:
kitator360@yahoo.com

kitator
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#14 Post by kitator »

This picture was just posted from my phone without using an ap.Thought I would try it and it did work.Just copy the link on Facebook,then hit reply,then
Img,then paste the link ,then hit Img again.Worked.
Thanks,Anthony
Some of my collection:
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/kitator/
email:
kitator360@yahoo.com

the Baron
Finger Painter

#15 Post by the Baron »

monomaster2 wrote:
I don't know why anybody uses Photobucket, much less pay for it! It seems to be a big hassle.
Not at all.

First, it's easier for me to store my photos with a host, and link the images back to any forum I belong to, than to have to deal with each forum's unique file and image size restrictions on attached images. I belong to about 8 or 9 scale modeling or figure forums, and each one has its own specific restrictions on file size and dimensions. To me, that's a big hassle.

Second, as far as paying goes, I took the free ride on Photobucket for 7 years, till I used up the available space that free use gets you. I was faced with a choice--start using another hosting site till I used up however much space it offered free of charge, or break down and pay for a subscription at FB. I chose the latter, because I'm used to using FB, and for $48 a year, it's not too bad. That was the minimum subscription package, for 50GB. That suits my needs.
"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."

monomaster2
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#16 Post by monomaster2 »

the Baron wrote:
monomaster2 wrote:
Not at all.

First, it's easier for me to store my photos with a host, and link the images back to any forum I belong to, than to have to deal with each forum's unique file and image size restrictions on attached images. I belong to about 8 or 9 scale modeling or figure forums, and each one has its own specific restrictions on file size and dimensions. To me, that's a big hassle.

Second, as far as paying goes, I took the free ride on Photobucket for 7 years, till I used up the available space that free use gets you. I was faced with a choice--start using another hosting site till I used up however much space it offered free of charge, or break down and pay for a subscription at FB. I chose the latter, because I'm used to using FB, and for $48 a year, it's not too bad. That was the minimum subscription package, for 50GB. That suits my needs.
Flicker is FREE and doesn't censor. 'Nuff said!
Illegitimi non carborundum

GMcKellar
Seam Filler

#17 Post by GMcKellar »

Must be having problems with Photo Bucket. It will not acknowledge the choice with "Copy" therefore not letting me paste it.