What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Master Box Ltd. 1/24 scale figures

All aspects of Historical and Fantasy Miniatures are under discussion: including creating diorama's and vignettes.

Moderators: Jim Bertges, Moderators

Ellis Kendrick
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Seam Filler

Master Box Ltd. 1/24 scale figures

#1 Post by Ellis Kendrick »

I just bought "Thunder Spirit" (Native American girl warrior) at my local hobby shop It's produced by Master Box Ltd. (The Ukraine). Beautiful detail but what type of plastic is it ? I know this same company makes all kinds of military figures for dioramas. So... my question is what type of glue should I use on it ? One site says to use Revell Contacta Pro Glue. That glue can be ordered from Amazon but it's shipped from the United Kingdom with a 4-week delivery time. Any other ideas on a good glue to use that I can buy right here in the USA ?
Ellis K. in Missouri

Warped Speed
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Master Box Ltd. 1/24 scale figures

#2 Post by Warped Speed »

My choice is Tamiya thin. Or, there is also Testors. Both are liquid glue for STYRENE plastics. Just apply sparingly because for one, it's thin and will run easily, and two, it's strong and over use can cause problems because this type of glue melts the plastic together. Practice with it first. Put the parts together then apply the glue with a small tipped brush. The Tamiya has its own fine tipped brush in the cap!

Hope this helps.

Carl-

Ellis Kendrick
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Seam Filler

#3 Post by Ellis Kendrick »

Thanks, Carl !
I have some of the Testors in the black squarish plastic bottle with the metal tube. I'll try it out ! That 1:24 figure sure is tiny !
Ellis K. in Missouri

Warped Speed
Squire of the Sprue

#4 Post by Warped Speed »

After 1/8, 1/6 or larger I'm sure 1/24 does seem tiny! I've never used that glue bottle like you have, it always kinda scared me. What I mean is if it's water thin it could deposit way too much glue and run all over. Remember don't let the glue get under your fingers because it WILL damage the plastic with bad finger prints. And that could damage the figures' detail. In fact it will.

Good look!

Carl-