What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Aradia's Poseidon

All aspects of Historical and Fantasy Miniatures are under discussion: including creating diorama's and vignettes.

Moderators: Jim Bertges, Moderators

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Aradia's Poseidon

#1 Post by kevtk135 »

This model has been sitting on my desk for a while now about 99% done. Lets have a look. The first thing that's noticed is the base that's on the website is quite a bit different than what you get. I don't know (and didn't think to ask) if it was a mistake on Aradia's part or what. Anyway Posideon just sits on this little ledge of coral. No matter I can model a base. The parts are shown below. On the website you had a choice of either a human type face or a sort of fish mask (arrow). I liked the mask, but in person IMO I felt it made him look like he had a tiny head -
The reference pic

I started out by doing a light flesh color over the upper body -

My next idea was the long locks of gray hair, but then why should he look like an old guy. So I have him youthful dark hair. ;)

This is the problem for me when a model sits. You think you've taken pics that you didn't. But basically the skin was done in a Flesh, and washed with Citadels Reikland Fleshshade. Then the fish part was done in a blue, highlighted with a turquoise with some pearlizing craft paint for the wet look sparkle.

The base is simply Sculpt -a-Mould over some foam "boulders. Spray with a tan and then the same turquoise with the pearl. Finally I wanted some sort of backdrop for him. I went looking for some pieces of fan coral at the pet stores. But no good. I guess real coral decorations are taboo now. I found some artificial stuff that looked good in the pics and real life from a distance. But it's kind of cheesy look close up. I sprayed that with white primer and then some blue mixed with the pearl.
Done. Thanks for looking.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

buckledresin
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Aradia's Poseidon

#2 Post by buckledresin »

another good job kev =D> =D> =D>

i didnt realise this had a different head option .......might be tempted to get one now :-k :-k ive just got their Charon kit , so thats on my to do list :thumb2: :thumb2:

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Aradia's Poseidon

#3 Post by kevtk135 »

buckledresin wrote:another good job kev =D> =D> =D>

i didnt realise this had a different head option .......might be tempted to get one now :-k :-k ive just got their Charon kit , so thats on my to do list :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thanks!
It's been a while since I built it, but I *think* it's an entire masked head, rather than just a mask. If you look at this pic from their catalog -
It shows the mask w/ the chin sticking out. The human head has a beard... 8-[
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com