What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Paolo Y Francesca: I Finally Met My Match(nudity)

All aspects of Historical and Fantasy Miniatures are under discussion: including creating diorama's and vignettes.

Moderators: Jim Bertges, Moderators

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

Paolo Y Francesca: I Finally Met My Match(nudity)

#1 Post by kevtk135 »

This is another mini from Aradia's Dante's Inferno Kickstarter. I just noticed on the packaging, that this was a Kickstarter exclusive. Hmm
The parts are very well done in a gray resin -

Most of the kit appears to be their shroud. Paolo is a full piece sans horns (don't know why he has horns) Francesca is another piece. One of her arms is separate grasping a horn, the other, also separate, is grabbing the hilt of a sword. Another piece is a very thin (re: too thin) sword. There is also a small rock base to balance the figures on the shroud.
There are no instructions so I mostly followed the illustration on the box. I started by priming the kit in a hull red. Then glued Francesca to her feet/shroud, and base coated her a flesh color. Paolo looks to be a purple in the pic, so that's the way I went -

Then I started refining both figures-
The gap in his stomach is apparently where she fits in.

Probably the tiniest eyes I've ever done. They're green to go with the auburn hair. ;)

Work continued to the final steps. The shroud swirls around the two figures, and each figure is attached to it at one point. But they they are attached to each other in 3 spots.

My feeling is that because this is designed digitally, tolerances are pretty tight and if things aren't superglued just right, parts won't fit.

What I did was I glue her to her shroud, and then my plan was to glue him to her, and it was just a matter of gluing the two pieces of the shroud together and the part where he (his butt) meets the shroud should just fall in place. Arrrgghh it doesn't-

I get my Aves out and fill the gap, blending both ends of the shroud together -

Beautiful, but then I notice that I can look in, and see where his butt is supposed to meet the shroud, it's not even close! :evil: That won't do, so I gently try over and over to persuade his butt to meet the shroud. SNAP - SNAP-SNAP. All the connection between him and her broke. ARRRGGGHHH again! :evil: :evil:

Blood pressure went up and once again I was about to fling it against the wall. So it's gets put in a box and I walk away. Maybe I'll revisit it again, maybe I won't...

Aradia 1 - Me - 0
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

Rocketeer
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Paolo Y Francesca: I Finally Met My Match(nudity)

#2 Post by Rocketeer »

Don't get discouraged; this looks as though it'll be lovely when you finish. I think we all occasionally run into models that fight us every step of the way; the important thing is to stay calm and work the problems one by one. Hang in there!