What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Pre-paints on eBay

Customizing Action Figures, Dolls, Die Cast Vehicles and Other Toys. Also repainting, customizing and collecting Pre-Painted Statues.

Moderator: Moderators

inspectorgill
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

Pre-paints on eBay

#1 Post by inspectorgill »

I don't know if this has been discussed here - I'm usually hanging out in the kit sections - but I've collected statues super-hero statues for 20 years and I'm always looking out for new ones. I pick them out mostly on eBay and I'm starting to notice something interesting there: Day in and day out I see page after page after page of unsold statues ... mostly because of outrageous prices! So what are the seller's solution? They raise the prices even higher!! It seems to me the the market for statues is cooling off - mostly because (IMHO) there is such a glut of pre-paints, featuring characters that have been done to death. My point? I want the sellers to know that I want that to buy your stuff but I can't afford your prices anymore! If a statue doesn't sell for $200 then it's not gonna sell for $250! Unless sellers start lowering their prices, they're going to be stuck with literally hundreds of unsold statues until they do.

Whew...I feel better getting that off my chest!

zibbazabba
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Re: Pre-paints on eBay

#2 Post by zibbazabba »

I never have understood why they raise the price if it doesn't sell either. All I can figure is that since Ebay doesn't charge for the ad itself anymore, only when something sells, they must figure why not, maybe it will sell.

yellowcat
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#3 Post by yellowcat »

Yep, the prices are so outrageous high on ebay. Recently I bought the Sideshow Elektra statue at my local store for $145. Brand new low numbers never display with the brown shipper box. This sell on ebay for $250 to $400 plus $25 shipping. Just wonder who will pay that kind of money.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles ... /?sku=9011

XactoHazard
Glue Sniffer

#4 Post by XactoHazard »

I belong to a statue group on Facebook and the prices on there are like used cars.
you would think each statue was limited to a 10 to 15 piece run at those prices...
I don't even bother looking at the prices anymore... these guys are delusional