What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

MANGOG FS !!!

Customizing Action Figures, Dolls, Die Cast Vehicles and Other Toys. Also repainting, customizing and collecting Pre-Painted Statues.

Moderator: Moderators

jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: MANGOG FS !!!

#61 Post by jayco35 »

I spoke to Helder and you have no contract. How can you ask for any money when you haven't secured the sculptor and mold maker first ? I want to clarify to anyone who is reading this post get all the facts before plunking any cash down.

Obscure Creator

#62 Post by Obscure Creator »

jayco35 wrote:I spoke to Helder and you have no contract. How can you ask for any money when you haven't secured the sculptor and mold maker first ? I want to clarify to anyone who is reading this post get all the facts before plunking any cash down.
I will not discuss this here , but of course i don't have a "contract" , i'm just trying to get enough people interested on this piece to commission Helder to sculpt it,thats all.
About the payment , I HAVE NOT ASKED ANYONE FOR ANY MONEY! I have just explained how the things will be once the project get aprobation and be ready to start.So if i'm doing anything this thing is exactly be CLEAR with the people letting know how it will work exactly.

jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#63 Post by jayco35 »

You clearly have no experience in kit production. Wether the project happens or not will depend on the sculptor and molder and caster getting paid. My concern is members here giving you any kind of deposit without knowing all the facts. You say your legit that's fine Give details. Who will mold and cast this ? Whats the deadline for the sculpt and the castings ? Your giving a kit price based on a guess I made out loud. :roll: We won't even get into your post count.

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#64 Post by Glusniffer »

From a nutural point, I sincerly hope this isnt a misunderstanding and that all is for the good! :beer:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

angel eyes
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#65 Post by angel eyes »

you know , many times people say "Oh yeah , count me in" and then they don't even answer the mail you send...
I've herd this before and I know it's true, but we all know it's a 2 way street and have herd the other side of this story.

would Helder consider doing the sculpt on spec if there were enough people who seemed interested ? w/o any cash up front ? honestly that's how most GK's are made. assuming your talking about a kit.

this topic has been moved...from where to where ? I'm interested in a kit but not a prepaint, just some raw resin parts.
all money 'aint good money

Obscure Creator

#66 Post by Obscure Creator »

angel eyes wrote:
you know , many times people say "Oh yeah , count me in" and then they don't even answer the mail you send...
I've herd this before and I know it's true, but we all know it's a 2 way street and have herd the other side of this story.

would Helder consider doing the sculpt on spec if there were enough people who seemed interested ? w/o any cash up front ? honestly that's how most GK's are made. assuming your talking about a kit.

this topic has been moved...from where to where ? I'm interested in a kit but not a prepaint, just some raw resin parts.
Helder will NOT consider doing this by himself, because it's just a project by me commissioning Helder , thats why I'm trying to take the minimun risks by securing some minimun buyers, if this one was a standard size piece i might afford it all by myself , but this one BIGGER and also we are not talking of Hulk or Spider-man , it's Mangog , an obscure monster that many people even know about it.

jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#67 Post by jayco35 »

I fully realize the headaches involved in producing a large piece with people not committing because they want to see something. I faced the same problem with past pieces I produced and I'm a registered seller, known producer and I do my own mold and casts. That's the point I was trying to make. I wish you luck with this project it looks impressive and I know Helder will do a good job on the sculpt. However it will take alot of careful planning and work to pull it off.

Obscure Creator

#68 Post by Obscure Creator »

jayco35 wrote:I fully realize the headaches involved in producing a large piece with people not committing because they want to see something. I faced the same problem with past pieces I produced and I'm a registered seller, known producer and I do my own mold and casts. That's the point I was trying to make. I wish you luck with this project it looks impressive and I know Helder will do a good job on the sculpt. However it will take alot of careful planning and work to pull it off.
Thanks , for wishing me good luck and the explanation Jayco.I wish you have been used this tone on your last 2 post too, sincerely i think this last posts will create a big distrust on the ones who read it , because it sounds like if i was trying to steal someone or something like this , and my only purpose is to get this Big Monster sculpted by the one who can do it better but withoult losing my shirt on the process.

jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#69 Post by jayco35 »

Believe me people here have been burned in the past there was already trust issues. The success of this project will be what you make of it.

makkari1

#70 Post by makkari1 »

Obscure Creator wrote:
jayco35 wrote:I fully realize the headaches involved in producing a large piece with people not committing because they want to see something. I faced the same problem with past pieces I produced and I'm a registered seller, known producer and I do my own mold and casts. That's the point I was trying to make. I wish you luck with this project it looks impressive and I know Helder will do a good job on the sculpt. However it will take alot of careful planning and work to pull it off.
Thanks , for wishing me good luck and the explanation Jayco.I wish you have been used this tone on your last 2 post too, sincerely i think this last posts will create a big distrust on the ones who read it , because it sounds like if i was trying to steal someone or something like this , and my only purpose is to get this Big Monster sculpted by the one who can do it better but withoult losing my shirt on the process.
I know where you are coming from with your passion to see this project done and I for one am right behind you on seeing this done. However as Jayco has stated there is a lot more involved in getting this type of project done. I remember the problems Jayco had in doing the first Terrax and if this thing is as big as it is being planned this will take a lot of dedication and effort. If Helder agrees to sculpt this with little or no money up front and once people start seeing progress then the orders will come in. Its always a pain to get something that you really want but in the end it will be worth it. Keep at and it will happen.

Obscure Creator

#71 Post by Obscure Creator »

makkari1 wrote:
I know where you are coming from with your passion to see this project done and I for one am right behind you on seeing this done. However as Jayco has stated there is a lot more involved in getting this type of project done. I remember the problems Jayco had in doing the first Terrax and if this thing is as big as it is being planned this will take a lot of dedication and effort. If Helder agrees to sculpt this with little or no money up front and once people start seeing progress then the orders will come in. Its always a pain to get something that you really want but in the end it will be worth it. Keep at and it will happen.
Thanks Makk! I'll do (actually doing) my best to get this project completed!
You know , now that Thor Destroyer is probably coming not so late we will need someone badass enough to face him ,right? :)

makkari1

#72 Post by makkari1 »

Obscure Creator wrote: Thanks Makk! I'll do (actually doing) my best to get this project completed!
You know , now that Thor Destroyer is probably coming not so late we will need someone badass enough to face him ,right? :)
I'm not so sure about Thor/Destroyer's fate. I have not seen anything on this since Bowen pulled the pictures from the web site. Randy posted that if they got the contract extention it would be released in this phase and I'm assuming that he did get this extention so we may see this year. Right now the Gun Metal Destroyer is the concern now since the factory told Bowen Designs that both Destroyers were to be released in June but now they don't know when Gun Metal will be released.

makkari1

#73 Post by makkari1 »

Any updates?

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

#74 Post by Glusniffer »

makkari1 wrote:Any updates?
Yes! Please! 8) Verily We doth ponder this! :P
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

havok5
Jack of all Trades

#75 Post by havok5 »

obscure creator, your friend bobilero owes me a sculpt or money. can you have him contact me? thanks. bruce / havok5

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

#76 Post by raydrz »

bruce...he hasn't posted since 2011 or even visited since 2012...sorry to bear the bad news
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

havok5
Jack of all Trades

#77 Post by havok5 »

thx, the lack of ethics in the world in general constantly amazes me. 2 separate er staffing companies hired a bunch of us dr's because they were freaking out by not being to staff 5 different er's and promised us x number of shifts a month -- and then breached contracts when they over-extended themselves, costing me 352,000. but it ain't over yet!