What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

An Addams Is Born!

Focused on all the big critters. Dinosaurs and KAIJU!
With added discussion of creating dioramas, shadowboxes, vignettes and bases

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

gmaiocco
Glue Sniffer

An Addams Is Born!

#1 Post by gmaiocco »

ImageImageImage

Attached are photos of “An Addams Is Born!”, based on a roughly 1/6 scale kit titled “Zombie Uprising” sculpted by Scott Whitworth of Whitworth Studios. This is one of the kits I bought at Wonderfest. It consists of three pieces and measures 5” wide x 5” high. This was one of the easiest resin kits I’ve ever built. There was very little seam work and only a small gap around the earth base and gravestone to fill using Aves Apoxie Sculpt. The only additions to the kit were Woodland Scenics medium and dakr green coarse turf along with JTT scenery Products flower bushes that were added to the base edge.

There were no markings on the gravestone. While investigating gravestone markings on the internet I came across the Addams Family logo and family crest, which I downloaded and made into a dry transfer using Grafix Rub-Outz dry transfer film and my ink jet printer. This is the first time I’ve done this and am very pleased with the results. Translation of the Latin “Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc” under the Addams lettering is “We Gladly Feast On Those Who Would Subdue Us”.

Overall, a quick and easy kit that fits anywhere on a shelf or desk.
Greg Maiocco

Chuckenstein
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: An Addams Is Born!

#2 Post by Chuckenstein »

Very nice! I like the addition of the little plants and the lettering.